Choppy video after installing new os

guinness1983

Baseband Member
I've just installed windows 7, a complete install over vista which I used to have on my pc. All the harware is the same but I did have to install new drivers for my ati hd5450 gpu to work again.

I've noticed a few things so far. When I use windows media player and vlc, the video sometimes gets choppy or the framerate slows down, I don't know for sure, all I can tell is it's not as smooth, sort of like when the computer is under a heavy load and things slow down. This also happens when I close and open the wmp window.

7 is supposed to have a lighter load overall I don't know if this has anything to do with the new os. I used to run vista on aero and never noticed anything wrong with the video.

Did you install the most up-to-date drivers from ATI's website, rather than getting them from Asus's website?

I'm pretty sure they are up to date, I tried the original driver from my windows.old ATI folder and I also tried downloading one more recent and I get the same results.

I'm thinking maybe this has to do with codecs or direct-x since I don't have any on my new install.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom