Potentially the longest thread in history...

The 720 has plenty of CPU power, thanks kman. Not to mention the ease of overclocking it and running it stable. Right now I only have it at 3.2ghz because the way the AC doesn't work in my room, but I did have it at 3.7 constant like in my sig (up from 2.8).

Lately my OS has just been getting super cluttered, and I need more RAM. Not to mention my GPU problems, still not sure if that's heat related or card related, but I'm starting to lean more towards card related...may need to replace it soon. Problems have been happening more frequently, and last night the driver completely failed after freezing everything...restarted the driver, but still had to reboot with all the screen problems I was still having. Meh.

I think it's just time to retire this machine and build a new one...I've been meaning to anyway so this machine can be a dedicated music recording system.
That is the exact same problem I was having with my 5770s as soon as I got them.

I had my 720 at 4.2 but also was under water.

Re: Today I have...

My server is in a closet in this apartment and still gets good signal from a router that is across the street from us on the first floor. If it has 2 or 3 antennas and you're in the same house it'll get good signal. Honestly, if you have the router in the same house then you should get good signal with any card.

Re: Today I have...

My server is in a closet in this apartment and still gets good signal from a router that is across the street from us on the first floor. If it has 2 or 3 antennas and you're in the same house it'll get good signal. Honestly, if you have the router in the same house then you should get good signal with any card.

Hrm. I may try a card then. It's not like I don't have an open PCI or mini PCI-E slot available.

I haven't messed with internal wireless cards for years, any suggestions on brands?

That is the exact same problem I was having with my 5770s as soon as I got them.

I had my 720 at 4.2 but also was under water.

Yeah, no fancy water setup for me. Wouldn't mind doing it but I can't justify it now, since I don't seem to have the time anymore to do benchmarking. My CCF has treated me well anyway.

Back
Top Bottom