Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

So, you think a 400 pound male that puts a phone in his back pocket won't damage the iPhone in the slightest when he sits on a hard chair? I have only had 2 phones that didn't happen to, and it HAS happened with an iphone I borrowed from a friend.

So, you think a 400 pound male that puts a phone in his back pocket won't damage the iPhone in the slightest when he sits on a hard chair? I have only had 2 phones that didn't happen to, and it HAS happened with an iphone I borrowed from a friend.

I question the reason why it's in a back pocket in the first place, or why it wouldn't be taken out of the back pocket before sitting on a hard surface.

You people must think I enjoy switching things from one pocket to the next every 10-20 minutes, most places I have worked at, especially factories, I have huge booklets full of ID cards that only fit in a front pocket, and are only easily gotten to from front pockets, and various other access cards for different parts of the plant that I had to pull out every few minutes due to security concerns, (chems that can make you higher than a kite).

Now, honestly, why the **** would I want something so damned thin that it could break like a piece of china? I don't give a flip it it's made from some type of aluminum, that's the frame, nothing more, it doesn't keep the PCB and screen from failing due to stress.

But, I guess kmanmx lives in a magical unicorn world where a PCB, IC, Screen, Glass, Plastic and all the components are made of 100% aluminum thus resulting in a solid bar of aluminum.

BTW, glass flipping HURTS, I like my plastic phones.

Well ****tier phone is your opinion. I think it is better, especially the hardware side of it. The OS, well, that is a personal preference.
I lold.

I question the reason why it's in a back pocket in the first place, or why it wouldn't be taken out of the back pocket before sitting on a hard surface.
My phone is always in my back pocket as usually I wear Dickies shorts and anything falls out of the front when I sit down. It's tiring sitting in a bucket seat, drive somewhere, then have to hunt where your phone slid lol. Then again, I'm only 155lbs.

Of course iOS will never match Android in terms of modding, never said it would. But there are enough useful mods out there that don't require flashing ROMs and messing with code that it doesn't really matter all that much. I can pretty much do just about anything on my phone with mods that you can do on an Android device, and even if there are things you can't do on an iPhone (which I'm sure there are a few), it doesn't really matter since there are thousands of useful tweaks all centralized in an app using repos that will suit anyone just fine.

Also, a solid case by that Chinese ripoff company? Doubtful. It's like the iPhone in looks only.

Does anyone even remember that Samsung was counter suing the whole time during the legal battle...?

I've never had to edit a single piece of code on any of my Android devices. Also flashing roms is incredibly easy, just download the rom, reboot into clockwork, wipe data and cache, then flash the zip. Not to mention we don't need a separate place for all of that stuff since things like third party launchers and apps that require root are available directly from the Play Store.

That Chinese company patented the iPhone 5 design before Apple could and they also released an Android device using that exact design so they were the first to market as well. I'm not sure how the Chinese market handles cases like that but I can say that if that suit was in the US it is likely they would win.

deleted my own comment because i have realised this argument is getting beyond stupid.

Samsung rules.

Lets move on to somthing else for a while until I get the phone in my grubby mits, then we can carry on.

Last edited:

Ditto. Lets wait until some real world testing is done instead of getting our collective underwear in a knot over who's swag is best

..and what did I just watch XD

Back
Top Bottom