Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I know, I said they are crap too.

But i'd still want the best of a bad bunch, which is what the IP5 is. Atleast compared to the S3. I'd imagine the Lumia 920 is better than the IP5.

I'd rather have a better phone than a ****tier phone with a "slightly" better camera. Of course, if the S3 has the same camera as the S2 (I'm not sure on that, I obviously don't care about the cameras) then I can take a better picture with it.

Well ****tier phone is your opinion. I think it is better, especially the hardware side of it. The OS, well, that is a personal preference.

If you think that is all there is to a camera then you need to go do some research.
The iPhone 5 is built of grade 6000 solid aluminium and gorilla glass 2. Good materials. Better than plastic. There is a whole page and video on how to iPhone is built so i'm not spouting anything out my ass. By better build quality I mean better materials really.

Better color gamut ? LOL. Whatever. Its crazy over saturated and has too many colors. There is no need to explain it to me I had a PSV and it was horrible, like neon. Its seriously bad for photos.

Materials aren't everything, iPhones have always been fragile. Besides the grade of aluminum used doesn't do anything to resolve broken home buttons, discolored displays, and horrible signal issues.

If you want the best materials Motorola has that covered, their kevlar fiber and aluminum phones are much more durable.

The Vita doesn't use the same type of AMOLED display as the S3 so it's irrelevant. Besides there are multiple apps on the Play store to allow you calibrate your Samsung phone. Also if you bothered to read quality display comparisons of mobile devices instead of ones written by hipster journalists you would know Super Amoled displays look over saturated because they have a larger color gamut than traditional displays that results in things looking over saturated when mapped to the SRGB color space.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how the bezel is too big, but whatever. I'm tired of being viewed as some sort of hipster douchebag just because I like an operating system or a phone. Sorry I like simple jailbreaks that don't brick a phone, or not needing a bunch of ROMs and mods to make a phone better. Weird that I like a one-stop shop for everything relating to jailbroken tweaks, mods, themes, apps, etc. Man I'm crazy and strange.

I've used Android devices. They have their uses, and their own strengths. But so does the iPhone. Would be nice to see a subjective point of view instead of a lynch-fest.

Rooting Samsung phones is idiot proof and they are all but impossible to brick. Besides iOS will never match Android when it comes to modding, not only can we install mods and themes but completely customized builds of the os.

Materials aren't everything, iPhones have always been fragile. Besides the grade of aluminum used doesn't do anything to resolve broken home buttons, discolored displays, and horrible signal issues.

If you want the best materials Motorola has that covered, their kevlar fiber and aluminum phones are much more durable.

The Vita doesn't use the same type of AMOLED display as the S3 so it's irrelevant. Besides there are multiple apps on the Play store to allow you calibrate your Samsung phone. Also if you bothered to read quality display comparisons of mobile devices instead of ones written by hipster journalists you would know Super Amoled displays look over saturated because they have a larger color gamut than traditional displays that results in things looking over saturated when mapped to the SRGB color space.

Horrible signal issues ? That has been long resolved. Discolored displays ? Not seen that, slight variations in white balance yes.

I read a very long and technical article by displaymate actually on tablet screens. iPad 3 won by a mile, and the Ip5 almost definitely uses the same panel technology. I don't give a crap why OLED screens produce over saturated colors, the fact is they do, no matter what the problem is. For as long as sRGB is in use, OLEDs will suck.

Last edited:

I don't want a phone that I can slide into my pocket, sit down, and crush into a billion pieces... I wan't something that can actually put up with abuse. The iPhone is looking more like an old Nokia I once had then it comes to the edges, time to sue!!!

I don't want a phone that I can slide into my pocket, sit down, and crush into a billion pieces... I wan't something that can actually put up with abuse. The iPhone is looking more like an old Nokia I once had then it comes to the edges, time to sue!!!

Probably the most stupid thing i've read in a while but okay.

You see a lot of solid aluminum blocks shatter when sat on lately ? never in my life have I seen even the glass backed IP4 and 4S been damaged by sitting on it.

Horrible signal issues ? That has been long resolved. Discolored displays ? Not seen that, slight variations in white balance yes.

I read a very long and technical article by displaymate actually on tablet screens. iPad 3 won by a mile, and the Ip5 almost definitely uses the same panel technology. I don't give a crap why OLED screens produce over saturated colors, the fact is they do, no matter what the problem is. For as long as sRGB is in use, OLEDs will suck.

A coworker of mine still has serious issues making calls from our offices on his iPhone 4, none of us who have Android phones have the same issue and we are all on the same network. Just the other day I saw two 4's that have developed a yellowed area on the phone.

Tablet displays are irrelevant to smartphone displays, there is a lot more competition in the phone market and Apple will always be playing catchup to Lg and Samsung there since they actually make the displays. Just look at the 4s, it is completely outclassed by the HTC One X. HTC is rumored to have a Galaxy Note competitor in the works with a 5" 1080p AH-IPS display.

Thankfully both HTC and Samsung will be suing Apple for violating their LTE patents with the iPhone 5 so all of this debate may not matter, the judge has already expressed that the HTC patents are unlikely to be overturned so we may see a sales ban here in the US.

Apple is also being sued by some Chinese company who patented the iPhone 5 design and released a clone a few months ago so they may have a solid case. It's a underhanded move on their part but kind of fitting.

Rooting Samsung phones is idiot proof and they are all but impossible to brick. Besides iOS will never match Android when it comes to modding, not only can we install mods and themes but completely customized builds of the os.

Of course iOS will never match Android in terms of modding, never said it would. But there are enough useful mods out there that don't require flashing ROMs and messing with code that it doesn't really matter all that much. I can pretty much do just about anything on my phone with mods that you can do on an Android device, and even if there are things you can't do on an iPhone (which I'm sure there are a few), it doesn't really matter since there are thousands of useful tweaks all centralized in an app using repos that will suit anyone just fine.

Also, a solid case by that Chinese ripoff company? Doubtful. It's like the iPhone in looks only.

Does anyone even remember that Samsung was counter suing the whole time during the legal battle...?

Last edited:

iPhone 4.. yeah. It was fixed on the 4S, and now the 5. You can't play that card anymore, we are talking about the IP5.

Considering the iPad 3 display is exactly the same tech (as far as I can decipher) it is very relevent to the IP5 case. In what way is it outclassed by the HTC One X ?

Back
Top Bottom