What is it about WoW that makes so many people addicted to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thing that I have encountered over the week end. I was at a LAN party where about half the people there are still heavy wow players. I only see these guys once a year and conversation that normally comes up is was games or MMOs you have been playing. And what new MMOs are coming out soon.

Anyways, there was 2 the wow players that were commenting that they will not even brother lifting a fingure to play another MMORPG until they see an mass migration of players from WoW. Until then, they will still continue playing WoW.

My arguement was "WoW's been around for 5 years now with a population of about 10 million players. They did not build this up over night"

i think people get addicted to it because it makes them feel like they are accomplishing something. I have never tried it, and will never. One mainly because i hate socializing outside a certain few friends. 2 because i don't want to pay for it. I probably wouldn't like it anyway. I like my accomplishments to mean something, and getting to level 75 in wow is just not an accomplishment in my book.

was a lvl 45 pally and was outside gadgetzan bumped into a lvl 44 orc shammy and a lvl 44 be pally and destroyed them both, pally ran away i stayed behind and picked on the shaman lol.

wow all starts with you and your friend bored, you go to gamestop and you have money and want a PC game. so you buy the wow battle chest and then the 60-day subscription, all totalling around the price of a game with your store credit, so you go home install wow then the expansion, and you play. then you deny your addicted, about a month later your a lvl 60 knight elf hunter with a pet vellosoraptor. your friends tell you you need help, you say no im not addicted even tho everytime we get home from school or whatever, we log on saying "oh im just gonna see if i have any mail" but instead you do 3 quests fight the horde and by the end of all that its 3:49 AM and you still havent done your homework, your wired on Monster Java's and redbull, and your subscription of 60 days finally runs out. you ask your mom for money she says "what the heck do you ever do for me?" you say but mommy i love you, your friends come in and they tell your mom to stop feeding your addiction, its too late youve already put your moms credit card number on there and bought a 6 month membership, at the end of all of this, your 23 years old with 14 lvl 80's and nothing better to do then walk around azeroth messing with people.

good times.... goood times... hahaha

haha, that was just made up, but im pretty sure thats happened to people. im only 17 so yeahh lol not me.

another funny thing to say wouldve been...

hello, my names cameron and im a WoWaholic...

evryone replies,

hi cameron... haha

It's not just geeks that play this game either. I was watching ESPN one day and there was a NFL player that plays it all the time. I remember him saying he had 3 characters. I found that odd.

Wow is popular, its easy to get into, its very nooby friendly, and its easy to lvl up compared to other mmos. It also has a constant flow of updates, and good expansions. I use to play Wow, but not anymore.

I quit about 2 years ago. I just never was really interested in it. Meanwhile, the friend who I started with 2 years ago STILL plays. He is really serious about it to. He gets all offended when I say WoW sucks xD Its pretty funny actually.

Anywyas, I think Blizzard did a good job with the success of WoW. That's another reason why WoW is doing so well.. because Blizzard is an awesome company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom