What is it about WoW that makes so many people addicted to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more addicted to it before it came out. I read many articles and I watched trailers over and over again. When it came out, I just wanted to explore the whole world. It was an adventure, and I could experience it with friends. And it was so easy. Simple quests, easy leveling system, good interface. Many possibilities and always something new (items, areas) and exiting while leveling.

If some one has not mentioned it already, I would like to point out that one of WOW key features to it's success is the fact that the system requirements are quite low. You can easily run WOW on a computer that is about 5 years old.

I too have played it a bit, the highest i ever got was level 40, so i was not a hardcore player at all. But i had 5 or 10 level 20 to 30's, so i know a fair bit i guess.

It's fun because there is so much to do.. you can just go sit down in a bar drink beer with your real life friends, and literally just talk for hours - in that aspect it's like the best Instant Messenger ever created.

Again, endless amounts to do. I have never been in an MMO with anywear near the amount of content/items/quests that WoW has. There is always a new peice of gear which looks cool that you want and you're prepared to work for it.

Beautifully designed worlds, the level design is unparalleled. Even 5 years on some of the places just look incredible, there so well designed.

There is always a sense of achievement, wether you just ranked up a level or you just killed a mob 5levels higher than you, the game is full of constant rewards and praises.

The Auction house..god i loved that place. If you find yourself as the kinda person who loves to make some money using cunning plans, the auction house is the thing for you :D The Auction house is very hard to learn, and to get good at. It is truly massive and the WoW economy is changing by the hour and you HAVE to be on top of it and always know what's happening to do well. My friends didn't enjoy it so much, so while we had created our own 20man guild i was sat in the auction house for 8hours most Saturdays when i had nothing to do. When we were all around level 20, the guild had around 2500Gold with me making probably 75percent of that just from the auction house. Good days ;)

I could go on about why WoW is so fun, but i really can't be bothered. That said, i was never actually addicted. I could happily go a week without it, and come off at any time. And i usually only found the game enjoyable for 3month periods, after that i'd need a month or two's break until i could return.

My buddy plays this... As soon as he updated his PC (Had to upgrade the graphics), he played it for like 10 hours straight, and once he was kicked off the computer, he played Xbox for another 5-6 hours. I played it, but on a private server, and I was only doing it so I could get the highest level for PVP (I believe that's what it's called). Leveling on that was easy, took only about 2 hours to get to level 254.

It would seem that WoW is currently the bendmark for MMOs. I am currently play Aion and just about every 2 minutes, some one is commenting about WoW and compairing it to Aion.

Like the noob area (level 1 - 10) chat window is commenly refered to Barrens Chat.

It's fun because there is so much to do.. you can just go sit down in a bar drink beer with your real life friends, and literally just talk for hours - in that aspect it's like the best Instant Messenger ever created.

You should try a real bar with real beer and watch how fun that will get. And you might get some tail later on too...

I been playing for the past couple months and now i am losing interest once again..Guess ill start playing my 360 and pc games.

"Every time some one plays another MMORPG and compairs it to WoW, God Kills A Kitten.

Please Save The Kittens"

The players on Aion are getting a little sick and tired of people compairing the Aion to WoW. One player was commenting that WoW should be added to the list of censored words that get blocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom