The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
9800GX2's are faster in Folding plus you can get them off Newegg for $273 which is awesome!

9800GX2 is basically two 9800GTX's, which do 6000ppd
each.

I see it as an investment luke, and ill get the XFX cards which have a lifetime warranty, so no matter what ill be covered. Its not too big of a deal, i mean people spend more than that on rigs just to play a game. I feel like im doing something much more important.

Just cleaned my folding rig:

hey rican, i downloaded the client you linked me, but it isn't doing what you said it would do, it was in the milestone thread but this one seams more appropriate.

Thats what it says. (it looks weird because i used the snipping tool with vista)

hey rican, i downloaded the client you linked me, but it isn't doing what you said it would do, it was in the milestone thread but this one seams more appropriate.

Thats what it says. (it looks weird because i used the snipping tool with vista)

Yup, thats the standard client.

Just run it, forget about smp, your cpu is too slow for it anyways.

Once you get your desktop online you can run smp or the gpu client or even both together.

woooo my gtx280 is chuggin along like a champ :)

Yup, i see you nos.

My cards are chuggin along as well, one of my 8800s is pushing 5249ppd, the other too in the 4900 range.

^but i downloaded the one you linked me to directly, and u said it was the smp lol, and when it installed, the directory is named blah blah smp. I don't get it lol.

^but i downloaded the one you linked me to directly, and u said it was the smp lol, and when it installed, the directory is named blah blah smp. I don't get it lol.

The client you d/l'd is a multi proccesor client. It will run single core, dual core or quad. You have to add the -smp flag in order for it to run in SMP mode. Once you add that flag and it finishes the current wu, it will then d/l a SMP wu.

9800GX2 is basically two 9800GTX's, which do 6000ppd
each.

I see it as an investment luke, and ill get the XFX cards which have a lifetime warranty, so no matter what ill be covered. Its not too big of a deal, i mean people spend more than that on rigs just to play a game. I feel like im doing something much more important.

Just cleaned my folding rig:

(cough cough) Crysis (cough cough)

But I think this is a good investment, rather than just enjoying one game, save the world trouble by folding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom