Comcast Throttles BitTorrent Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only other option is qwest and im pretty sure they're worse than comcast if the t1 lines we have at work are any example.

man this makes me mad! In the Digg article (same just expanded with more info) the CEO said that just becuaes you buy a 49.99 3mbps dl plan, doesent mean you have the right to block up the network by using all of it. Which is total BS. I might be moving to roadrunner, does roadrunner have this cap also?

Lmao, that CEO is the dumbest person ever. Why offer a plan if you're not going to acknowledge it up to it's set boundaries?

I have comcast and there was no difference last night. Maybe try are trying to this a few areas at a time to see the results?

Comcast Denies Filtering BitTorrent Traffic

Comcast has denied the recent rumors that the company is filtering BitTorrent traffic. A Comcast spokesman said the company doesn't actively look at the content that its customers download over the network.

TorrentFreak claims that several Internet Service Providers have been "throttling" or limiting BitTorrent traffic on their networks for the past two years. And last week, the blog accused Comcast of going even further to limit the use of BitTorrent on its network.

My only other option is qwest and im pretty sure they're worse than comcast if the t1 lines we have at work are any example.
I ditched Comcast for Qwest and I'm pretty happy. My speeds aren't as fast but it's a reliable connection, unlike the one I had with Comcast. Qwest's customer service is 100x better than Comcast's, too. I was having a problem with my modem so the tech just handed me another one. Problem solved.

screw comcast. I hate them. I just wish I had FIOS in my area.
+1

dude comcast internet goes out EVERYDAY! Then it will be slow, then fast, then slow. The customer support takes forever, they're mean, and they are just plain out stupid. IT took 5 times (yes, 5) calling them to fix our problem, and figures, the guy did the wiring wrong. Idiots. I'm trying to get my parents to switch to verizon, or roadrunner (not sure if we have it out here, PC MAG rated it faster, too, so that's good :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom