Why are people so bleeping stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard a story of an owner of a tortilla factory who had the techs come i cause the printers were jammed with tortillas! when asked what happened he said that he wanted to print his company logo on the tortillas! idiot

If I were in that position, I would say that "The remaining contents of the food retrieved from the printer have been sent to a DNA testing facility to determine who's food it was, with the disiplanary action leading possibly to dissmissal, unless said individual comes forward, and printer repairs are doc'd from their pay".....

I am typically a level-headed person, but a few late night pages for issues like that would drive me over the edge, and cause me to lose my temper.

Working where I do, you should hear some of the calls I get.... some customer's get billed over $1000 for us to send out a tech to find their router unplugged, after they verified power was good at the site, and to the equipment. (This is business customer's on leased lines, not residental internet customers.)... Ah, good times. I have actually turned down Tier 2 positions here a few times because there is no change in pay, but I would be "low man on the totem pole", and get stuck with the hours none of the other Tier 2's would want, but no pager... only the Tier 3's have pagers....

My solution is, I got the printer serviced and it is sitting in my office. They know it's in my office and they know why too. They have an older HP4000 that I put in there to replace this one. Prints about 15 PPM on a good day. The 4250 prints about triple that. When they kill it,(and they will) I'll give the 4250 back. Then maybe they will have some respect for the equipment. NOT! My CFO suggested not giving it back, but it has multiple paper trays for labels and other stuff. The 4000 they have to manually change from paper to labels.

Wow..... Just Wow.....

I remember the number of times people used to use the wrong type of transparancy paper in lazer or photocopiers.

It was alway fun to tell people that they SHITFT8SHITFT8SHITFT8SHITFT8ed thier machine due to melted plastic. And back then, laser printers where not cheap.

Haha I support servers round the world and got called out to look at why there whole network went down on this company, same thing turned out someone had plugged in all network devices on a network cabinet to one extention lead and yea someone turned off the extention lead

Haha I support servers round the world and got called out to look at why there whole network went down on this company, same thing turned out someone had plugged in all network devices on a network cabinet to one extention lead and yea someone turned off the extention lead

What? No UPS? We had a couple guys from the corporate office come and install some new switches not long ago. (They don't think the local IS people can do this) Anyway, they plugged the power into the emergency power. I am told not to do anything with this new equipment. They talk to me like I'm 10. Anyway we have a power failure and it takes a few seconds for the generators to kick on. So the entire network goes down, corrupts files that are being saved, causes all kinds of issues. Well I get yelled at over it because all network equipment and all servers should be on UPS. Well, there are three UPS in the room and half our euipment was not plugged into either of them, just emergency power. 90% of this stuff was installed by either the vendor or the corporate honks. I explain this to the folks giving me grief and then during the night I take everything down and reconnect every power cable to one of the three UPS, except for monitors. Oh and the corporate networking guru that told me not to touch anything, he got canned.

lol... yea.. I was working for a school one time, and they were always complaining about their network, so I got hired, to help repair it. Started tinkering around with the lan cables, and tracing them... the school has one long hallway, opened up the ceiling and wow... cables all over the florescent lights, and just everywhere. there was one cable that ran from the server room, to a hub, (not a switch, a hub), that was more then 150m away. I'm was surprized the network still worked... and the funny thing, the cable ran right next to a repeater after about 75m but no one bothered to cut the cable and run it through it.

I don't know who ran the cabling for the school but wow... had one switch that was said to be causing trouble, went to look for and, found it alright, with a paper clip jammed into it, hanging by the wires....

Only reason that its nice there are these stupid people around is job security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom