Windows XP Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital_Jedi

In Runtime
I have a laptop that has windws xp sp3 on it. It was working fine until i unpluged a san disk usb flashdrive un-safely... it was just in hte usb not do anything. I have pulled it out like this once before. But this time the little red square got stuck on the screen... so i went to go restart my laptop but now it gets stuck on the windows XP loading screen... I tried booting into safe mode but it gets stuck and the last line it displayes is mup.sys... i also tried F8 to load last good config and nothing. I have a windoes XP disk with me but its not the one that came with my computer. I booted from the disk in order to run a recovery but when i hit F2 it wants me in insert floppy disks wich i cant cause its a laptop. and if i let the boot from disk run it gets to the point where it is starting windows and crashed to a blue screen advising me to run a check disk. how do I do this? I do have the disks that came with it from dell but it will be Sunday before I can get them. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem???

I got it figured out... wow... I had a micro SD card still in the laptop... i took it out and windows worked great. its amazing the little things that stop us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom