Windows 7 Public Beta Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 7 Will Be Ready by Christmas 09, Reports Say

PCWorld posted an article on why Windows 7 will indeed be released this year. Judging by the positive buzz that Microsoft generated with the beta, I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't take advantage of it and strike while the iron is still hot. Even if it's not quite ready, that hasn't stopped them before. *cough* Vista *cough* If you used Vista at release, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
wink.gif

With Windows 7 Beta getting positive reviews, more rumors are emerging that Microsoft's new operating system will be available before Christmas. But Microsoft is still refusing to admit that Windows 7 will be ready by the end of this year and insists on the January 2010 release date.

I use classic on Vista just because I don't like the Aero look much

Hmm with this new news, I wonder when we will get solid pricing information?

I keep hearing that certain people with vista will get a free upgrade but none of the articles say who will qualify for it. I highly doubt it will be everyone with vista though:(

This was announced a while ago. It will be a discount for those who buy a PC with Vista Pre-installed after July 2009.

D'you reckon there would be anyway of getting MS to add in some of the features of Vista into 7? I really don't like the way transparency stays the asme with maximised windows... and i prefers Vista 3D look taskbar... Can some write that in a feedback thingy? cos im never on 7 as its on my slow HD and takes aaages to do anything :)

The taskbar will not go back. So there is no hope for that. As for the transparency thing people requested that changed from Vista. So i doubt that will be changed back.

No. Cause that would require more options to the skin than are available right now. Since to have that would require changes made to the shell which is used. Which would require it to be a whole new skin set. Not just a check box.

Same for the taskbar.

Well since the Public Beta is no longer available for Download or to get a serial, I am closing this and un-sticking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom