Windows 7 Public Beta Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Windows 7 Fact Thread

does anyone know if microsoft is doing the thing they did with vista, where if you submit a bug, or suggestion and its good, you get a free retail key?

Mak,

If imageburn is used to burn windows 7 to dvd, does the dvd need to be made into a bootable dvd first or just use the 'write image file to disc" option and that's it? If you could let me know that would be great.

thanks

The ISO is already bootable. You just have to pick the "write image to disc" option.

Hope so too
If we're not in that 2.5 mil, but a friend is, are we allowed to land the disk so that he can install it?
Or is that a strict no no....?

Hope so too
If we're not in that 2.5 mil, but a friend is, are we allowed to land the disk so that he can install it?
Or is that a strict no no....?
Ummm. No. Can you share your copy of Vista or XP with a friend? No. It violates even the EULA and TOS of Win7.
Hey it is the 9th where is the beta. ;)

It is only 8pm EST. Microsoft is PDT. Which is another 3 hours behind me. So they are GMT +8. I wouldnt look for it till they get into office to try and stur the tide.

Windows 7

We have not written many articles about Windows 7 here at Ghacks in the past. This was mainly because of the fact that virtually any other website on the planet did post every tidbit of news that they could get their hands on. Today however is an important date as Microsoft will publish a public download link to both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 Ultimate Beta on the official Windows 7 homepage. The download is capped at 2.5 million and will be removed from the website once that figure has been reached. This means that you will have to be fast to grab a copy of the Windows 7 Beta if you want to test it.
The Beta of Windows 7 is based on build 7000 which has been leaked to the dark side of the Internet last month. There has been lots of talk about the new “features” of Windows 7 and we do not want to get into detail here as you have most likely read about them all on other sites in the past months. To make it short: Windows 7 feels like a complete responsive operating system. Many users would say it looks and feels like a streamlined and optimized Windows Vista. It uses less system resources, is more responsive and has several usability improvements. It is interesting for instance that netbook manufacturers will release netbooks running on Windows 7 when it comes out, something that seems very unlikely for Windows Vista.
We (that's me and Everton who writes at Connected Internet) have a Windows 7 site up which is reporting on all the news about the new Microsoft operating system. The site has a busy forum, probably the busiest Windows 7 forum out there at the moment. You can find hardware and software help at the Windows 7 forum, a tweaks section and several boards with general discussion about the upcoming operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom