Windows 7 Public Beta Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Windows 7 Fact Thread

MBs? Wtf. The max bandwidth i can get with charter is 10Mb, we have 5Mb (almost 700B/s).

sorry i ment kb/s i'll edit my posts so nobody gets suckerd in to getting charter and realizing the reliability sucks! i wish i got those speeds :D win 7 would be here in 10min

Less than that mate! I'm preying my download will be ready by the morning, anyone else gone 64bit?

I'm thinking my router is crashing, not so much my internet. But then again, I have Comcast...hmm.

45 minutes at about 700KB/s.

Ho crap, it jumped to 1.2MB/s. STAY THERE PLEASE.

Yeah, it's jumping up and down more than a 5 year old kid with ADD who has liquid crack running through his veins.

Either way it Int going well, hopefully they'll calm down over the weekend.

3 hours here. The page we were using at 3:00 said they are going to add more servers and to try again soon. whether that mean hours or days i don't know.

Update on Windows 7 Beta Availability

It would seem that Microsoft is a little overwhelmed by the demand for Windows 7 beta and they are trying to beef up its infrastructure to handle the load. The direct link for the Windows 7 beta we posted earlier are still working and the download speeds are good but you will have to wait for Microsoft to get things straightened out before you can get a working key.

"Due to very heavy traffic we're seeing as a result of interest in the Windows 7 Beta, we are adding some additional infrastructure support to the Microsoft.com properties before we post the public beta," Microsoft said in a blog posting, which was itself hard to get to as of 1:20 p.m. PST. "We want to ensure customers have the best possible experience when downloading the beta, and I'll be posting here again soon once the beta goes live. Stay tuned! We are excited that you are excited!"

I'm thinking my router is crashing, not so much my internet. But then again, I have Comcast...hmm.

45 minutes at about 700KB/s.

Ho crap, it jumped to 1.2MB/s. STAY THERE PLEASE.

It tanks after 5 min, an i thought you worked fro AT&T I saw you had one of there T Shirts on in the picture thread, why dont you get your braod band from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom