Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Fact Thread

I just managed to get a BSOD, I am proud of myself.

the download took me about 4-5 refreshes to pop up (only in IE, FF would not initiate).
it's using "download manager" to get these files which requires some ActiveX download (as least for me since i didn't have it)
it even created an icon on my desktop for it, so i'm assuming this is a standalone manager? i dunno, never seen it.

Thank You , downloading @ 300kps.

How'd you manage that?!?!?!
Been wanting one of those for ages! :rolleyes:

I was running the performance thing and it all got slow so I opened up a few odd internet explorers to liven things up.

My motherboard is incompatible with Windows 7. I can't install chipset drivers etc, kinda sucky considering it's a newish board.

You would if you could get internet ;)

Install them anyway mate, will make be better in the long run.

Guys, I am wondering if I didn't have a directx 9 graphics card with 128 MB of memory and just a standard on board card, what drawbacks would I have if I want to install win 7? Could I still use the OS? If it is a gaming thing, well, I don't game. Please let me know.

thanks

the download took me about 4-5 refreshes to pop up (only in IE, FF would not initiate).
it's using "download manager" to get these files which requires some ActiveX download (as least for me since i didn't have it)
it even created an icon on my desktop for it, so i'm assuming this is a standalone manager? i dunno, never seen it.

It happened to me with the download manager too.

OK, I have never used vista nor win7 yet. My mobo is compatible with vista from intel's site. The question I have for you is do I need to d/l the chipset drivers that would be used for vista 32 bit and they will be able to be used on win7? If someone could verify that for me I would greatly appreciate it.

can I just go here Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

and download vista 32 bit? Again, please let me know.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom