Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Fact Thread

Hello,

How should tech questions be asked about Windows7 here? Keep it in this thread or start a new one?

I am wondering if any one has had success installed CCC for Ati cards? Last night I tried so many times to either installed the beta drivers for ATI cards or I even tried 8.12 drivers for Vista. None of them would install. During the install the operation would stop at about 75% and not respond.

Every time I tried to uninstall the drivers and restart Windows7 would reinstall the default drivers before I could even see the desktop. I turned off auto update and it still would install them automatically!!

I'd like to get CCC installed. I am beta testing W7-64bit

I'm using my 4870 with Server 2008 R2 64bit with no problems.

I don't have CCC installed though, just the 8.12 drivers. I don't like the CCC, I use atitraytools instead.

Is server 2008 a beta OS? I am not familiar with that.

I'm ok with the drivers W7 installed atomically. I just want to install CCC.

Server 2008 is the corporate edition based on the same core architecture as win7 and vista. It is designed for server usage hence the name but it can be easily modified to have the vista gui and act like vista, it is a bit faster in the majority of tasks.

anyone here have a soundblaster card working with W7? From what I heard pretty much all Vista drivers work w/ W7 ATM, true?

I'll try it tonight

My X-Fi works just fine with the drivers; just had to use Compatibility mode for Vista with the drivers and they installed fine. Don't see whya SoundBlaster wouldn't work then.

Win7 as of right now can use the Vista drviers. There are some x64 Drivers that cause issue cause of the digital signing. But that is it. The rest should work with Vista Drivers.

I knew i had said this once before...

Server 2008 R2 is the Windows 7 Server Edition. They have not changed the name of it yet.

Back
Top Bottom