Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win Vista

• Win7

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Win1.0, 1.01, 2.0, 2.02, 3.0, 3.1, 3.11 for Workgroups, Win95, Win95a, Win95B, Win98, win98SE, WinME, win2000 Pro, Win 2000 Server, Win2000 Advanced Server, Win2000 Datacenter Server, WinNT, WinXP, WinXP MCE, Win Vista (All Versions), Win7 (All Versions)

I have also used Chicago (Win95 Beta), FreeStyle (Win MCE Beta), Longhorn (Vista Beta), Memphis (Win98 Beta), Whislter (XP beta). There are more as well. I just cant remember all of the obsecure Beta names anymore.

So yes i have used just a few in my time. Of all my favorite would be early version of hte Longhorn Beta. Some nice features added in that. But for released version Win7.

I've used 7, Vista, XP, 2k, 95, and 3.11.

7 is my favorite version of windows while Vista comes in second.

I'll be sure to bump this thread up next year when we mass upgrade to Windows 7 at work where we have about 1500 workstations, majority of them being Windows based. Perhaps my opinion at that point may change from my previously stated one of 2k Pro.

Vista failed the test miserably when I did testing on it earlier this summer. I'm having high hope that Windows 7 won't. Sometimes towards Thanksgiving I hope to get a hold of a spare computer to do actual work on with it running Windows 7 and see how it does in a mass production environment.

I'll be sure to bump this thread up next year when we mass upgrade to Windows 7 at work where we have about 1500 workstations, majority of them being Windows based. Perhaps my opinion at that point may change from my previously stated one of 2k Pro.

Vista failed the test miserably when I did testing on it earlier this summer. I'm having high hope that Windows 7 won't. Sometimes towards Thanksgiving I hope to get a hold of a spare computer to do actual work on with it running Windows 7 and see how it does in a mass production environment.

Out of curiousity... Why did it fail??

Honest question... IS it due to equipment? or enviroment? Or what?

Out of curiousity... Why did it fail??

Honest question... IS it due to equipment? or enviroment? Or what?

We just got 1,000 new systems in, all of them preloaded with Vista, so it's not the equipment that was an issue. All of our software is Vista compatible, so it's not the software that was an issue. The only reason Vista failed was it absolutely sucked with default profiles, which in all honesty is the absolute biggest factor in determining whether or not an OS will work for us (school district). I won't go into too much here seeing as though I have 2-3 threads regarding it out there already, but I even contacted Microsoft directly and they seemed to have no ****ing idea what I was even talking about, however I'm using the same method every single school district in the United States uses. Every school district I've contacted in Pennsylvania is using XP or is entirely Mac based, so I couldn't get any help there either.

The only scary part is I understand that Windows 7 is set up the same way. If that's the case we'll be stringing XP Pro's life span along for quite a bit longer than Microsoft would like. ;)

I use Vista at home as my secondary OS and Windows 7 in a VM and I like them both for home use. I'm actually quite anxious to see 7 get fired up and see how it would be at work. So far I like what I see. But we'll have to see it in action to decide what we'll do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom