TAB Button not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
Whenever I hit my tab button it deselects whatever window i have selected. When im typing stuff in a form and hit tab to changed input area it just deselects the active window (i think thats the right term) another example is when im playing world of warcraft sighing in or just playing it in windowed mode where the minimize, maximise, and exit buttons are white and blue and red and i click tab the sound for the game stops and the buttons grey out like ive selected another window.

I have no idea what caused this it just started yesterday. Its really weird to me

Hello,

So your saying that just by hitting tab it takes the focus away from the window your are using and putting it to a different window?

As suggested above maybe check for updated drivers along with checking for chipset drivers. Also does you keyboard have one of them dreaded F Lock keys? If so are you sure it is functioning correctly?

Cheers,
Mak

my drivers are up to date this just stared happening out of the blue, and yes when i hit tab it takes the focus away from the window but it doesnt put the focus on any other window that i know of. It just takes focus away from current window.

My keyboard does have a function but i dont know about a function lock. I saw that my function light was on and i turned it off but it didnt fix the problem.

Hello,

Have you tried a Repair install? Have you tried to use a Restore Point?

Cheers,
Mak

I dont know why i didnt think of a system restore before i feel stupid now...haha. I guess i didnt think it was that big of a problem but I did a restore and it works fine now thanx!!

Hello,

Glad it is all workign for you now. Glad the Restore worked.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom