Question about AVI's - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jin Uzuki
Default Question about AVI's

Whenever I burn an AVI, it always skips on my dvd player. If I burn a BIN/CUE onto CD it doesn't skip. If I copy though to DVD ithe DVD discs do not skip. any ideas on how to correct this problem? I use Nero 7 Ultra Edition

Old 03-13-2006, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Alcohol 120 should do the trick. AlcoholSoft offers a free trial.

Have you tried reducing the write speeds?

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 03-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I always burn at the slowest speed as well as having nothing esle running or playing in the background. Thanks I'll try Alcohol.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I can't seem to get it to burn avi movies, can you please help me to figure it out? I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Default Re: Question about AVI's

Quote:
Originally posted by Jin Uzuki
Whenever I burn an AVI, it always skips on my dvd player. If I burn a BIN/CUE onto CD it doesn't skip. If I copy though to DVD ithe DVD discs do not skip. any ideas on how to correct this problem? I use Nero 7 Ultra Edition
what kind of dvd player do you have that plays bin/ cue files?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

It is a Cyberhome DVD Recorder. It Also records onto DVD + R and plays DVD - & + R discs. But whenever I burn an avi onto my discs, it always skips. But if I record tv shows onto those type of discs from my recorder they don't skip so it can't be the the discs( I believe) and whenever I play Cd which have been burned from Bin/Cue, it never skips same with copied DVD movies.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jin Uzuki
It is a Cyberhome DVD Recorder. It Also records onto DVD + R and plays DVD - & + R discs. But whenever I burn an avi onto my discs, it always skips. But if I record tv shows onto those type of discs from my recorder they don't skip so it can't be the the discs( I believe) and whenever I play Cd which have been burned from Bin/Cue, it never skips same with copied DVD movies.

I understand now, I think. what are your computer specs and what part of nero are you using to burn it to dvd?
Old 03-15-2006, 01:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I got to Nero Smart Start, Create a Video DVD, then Add Video Files. After I select the movie I hit next and then burn, and on burn options I pick the slowest speed. I have nothing running in the background and it is a Sony Double/Dual Layer DVD/CD burner. My computer is an 80 GB HD, 526 MB DDR RAM, 1.67 Ghz Processer.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

you could use a higher processor with seperate partitions and maybe more ram.

try vcd easy.
http://www.vcdeasy.org/modules.php?n...uides&id=Start

you can also try to have nero finish the project to the hard disc folder, then burn it to cd later in a seperate process

Closed Thread