Need help installing third party SATA driver when installing windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
I have an asus T2-AH1 barebones system. I need to reinstall windows. The puter came with a floppy with the SATA drivers on it when installing windows. That floppy is no longer good anymore. When I go to install windows it doesn't reconize my hard drive because it is a SATA hard drive. I went on ASUS's website for the driver and the SATA driver download is 4.something MB. How do I get the proper driver on a floppy for installing windows???

You can put it onto a USB Thumb Drive that should work or you can use nlite to slipstream the drivers right onto the XP CD and not have to worry about the floppy or missing drivers anymore.

If you use nlite as Mak suggested you will have no need to press F6 and install them from a floppy or from a USB drive.

If you use the nlite method you will not need to hit F6 as the drivers will be a part of the CD and that step will be unnecessary.

If it only specifies the A Drive then you have a older disk that doesnt allow the option for use with USB Thumb Drives. Not much you can do but slipstream or find someway to get that old floppy to work.

Assuming we are talking about the board in your sig.

here
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

select winxp.

go to raid and download this one.
Description Intel RAID F6 Floppy Utility for Windows 2000/XP/2003.
File Size 532.4 (KBytes)

Take a look in your manual as well for it usually has good information.
It appears like there are 3 sata controllers on this board so make sure you plug into the intel ones.
Again check you manual to make sure.

no; it's another build. I just bought the latest version of windows with SP3 on it. I didn't think I would even be asked to do this. I downloaded the drivers for the board, unzipped them and read through the read me files. there are 3 SATA drivers in the XP folder of the driver. There are very long instructions on how to get the drivers on a floppy. I don't know which one to use though to even start trying the complicated instructions that i didn't understand.

Again use NLITE!!!!!!!

It will create a custom disk that will already have the drivers. So you WONT need to create the floppy.

2 choices.

1. Figure out how to create a floppy from complicated instrcutions
2. use nlite and click a few buttons and create a custom disk that has them.

Your choice. Those are your options. Aside from that we cant help you anymore. You have the options. You have to choose which one to go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom