Looking for x64 drivers for my OLD sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
My onboard sound card died a couple of months ago so I have been using this sound card:Creative PCI (ES1371, ES1373) I can't find a driver for vista x64 so I have been using vista x32.

I would like to re-install both windows versions and am debating over weather to using x32 as my main OS but the thing keeping me from doing that is that I have 4 gigs of RAM so I would like to be able to use all of that but I need an x64 OS to use all that. Now I know a sound card driver isn't a vital driver to have but I find it necessary to use when I play games and listen to music on my PC :rolleyes:

Does anyone know where I can find drivers for that card in x64 form? I'm planning on re-installing my OS in a couple of days and I can't decided weather to use x32 as my main OS or not; If I won't benefit much from the extra 1GB of RAM I may just switch everything over to x32.

What I have now is 1 500GB hard drive (My sig is wrong, I have not changed it because when my 750GB hard drive died I was unable to get the .png file off it) 410GB for x64, 30GB for x32, and about 25GB for random stuff.

As of tomorrow I will NOT have a video card because I am selling it and should be getting a new one by Wednesday, so I probably wont be on as much.

If there are any Vista x64 drivers out there, someone other than Creative made them.

If there are any Vista x64 drivers out there, someone other than Creative made them.

Agreed... Creative doesn't care about you unless you own a X-Fi card, and gave crap Vista support for most of their cards (they have them, but the driver stability and quality isn't as high as usual)

^ DanielK

Agreed, Daniel K's drivers beat out the Creative Vista Driver out

DanielK has only made Audigy ans X-Fi drivers. I have not seen any Live! drivers done by him yet.

So it looks like I should just use x32 as my main OS, will I notice much of a difference without the RAM?

You will miss out on 512MB. No huge deal. Sucks that the sound card will be what holds you back, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom