I need to compress 9gb into 700mb...Help? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2006, 03:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to NayNay1991x

well the easiest way is to tell her to give you some DVD disc 4GB so you need 2 of them and about 1 700MB CD

Old 04-22-2006, 04:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to psman

I recomend WINACE It has the highest compression rate even more than winrar few times

But be realistic you CANT fit an elephant in your pocket!!
Also if the files are quite similar and repeated you can use CD IMAGE GUI they say it can fit up to 2GB into a single CD

Hey dont be so cheap get your self some cds or ask your boss for them
God help you.. bye

You... Went Beyond
You lost it all.
Why did you go there
Old 04-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to M4A1

Just use some of your own CDrs, but since you're quitting, oh well... You can get them free AR in many places, thats how I got all my CDrs + jewel cases
Old 04-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Originally posted by talldude123
Mac Mogul's boss gave him 2 CDs, and CDs are starting to cost alot...DVDs are cheaper now, but not everybody has DVD-ROM drives.
Expensive you call 20 cents expensive, grab a pack of 50 or 100 DVDs for only 30-40 USD. CDs are cheaper yet I'd imagine.
<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"> <input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Search TF before you post!\"></form>
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 04-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Originally posted by Tyler1989
Expensive you call 20 cents expensive, grab a pack of 50 or 100 DVDs for only 30-40 USD. CDs are cheaper yet I'd imagine.
cd use to be cheaper. I can buy 50 dvd blank for 10, but I have to pay 10 for 50 cd too. I missed the days when they use to sell 100 cd for 10.00
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 04-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Biggie578

I would use 7-zip. If files have a certain part in their data that is the same it will only write taht once. It also compresses images very well. Use the Ultra compression level, although i dont think its possible to get 9gigs that small

Closed Thread