How to run XP mode in windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay it worked :D didn't go flawlessly because I was suppose to load the optimized defaults after updating and forgot too :\ gave me a check sum error during post so i restarted and loaded the defaults and it finalized the bios update

got XP mode loaded up :D pretty neat ..never ran a VM before ( or flashed a BIOS )

well i've run into another issue :

It's still not letting my games run properly :\

In windows 7 they have black bars on the side of them...and people said running them in xp mode should fix it.

Well, in XP mode my games either crash, or say I don't have enough video memory. And when I check dxdiag it says it's all n/a .

So was they wrong about the xp mode thing? Or is there an error causing it not to pick up my video card/display driver?

I assume not every game will will run in XP Mode. Im not sure what the issue is, if I had some games I'd test it myself.

I'm not sure how in XP Mode, the VC works, does it give 100% in XP Mode and as in Normal Mode or not? Does the game use RAM in XP Mode as it does in Normal Mode, you got me.

I'll see what dxdiag reads on my system.

I'm able to see everything in dxdiag within XP Mode

But..........

XP Mode is only showing 256MB of ram, when my current system has 2GB.

So that might be your issue. What you need to do is shut down the VM, then open Windows Virtual PC. A new Window should appear, right click on Windows XP Mode, click Settings, select Memory and then change the RAM to what you need it to be.

About the VC ram, I dont have VC to check this, only onboard, maybe someone here can check that for you.

dxdiag shows that my system is using DirectX 9 and it doesnt show the available VC ram either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom