Finaly Ordering Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like2game

Baseband Member
Ok i came on here about a month ago to narrow down my OS choice. I decided, after some good advice, to go with Vista Home Premium 64 with Service Pack 1. Also i was told ordering OEM would not be a problem. Since then i have deal hunted/procrastinated/worked on my moms Dell, but i found a good deal and I want to order it tomorrow.

Windows Vista Home Prem 64-bit DSP OEM DVD with Service Pack 1 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

That is it. $142.99 CAD (around $110 USD). I am posting this here to make 100% sure i am getting the right OS. The OEM i know won't be a problem, but i also see DSP in the title and have no clue what that means. I am a bit confused as to why this is so cheap too. Other 64home premium packages are double this price. I am a touch excited becasue this is the final part in my build and it has stretched out to a year already since i placed my first order for it. Since i found Vista for such a good price i am also going to order a new Sata DVD burner too so i can leave the EIDE one i have in an old p4.

My system hardware is : Evga 680i AR
Intel Q6700 OEM / Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
2x2gig Crucial Balistix pc2-6400
Evga 260GTX Core 216
Seagate OEM 500gig 32mbcache HDD
Corsair TX750 PSU
LG EIDE RW DVD-Rom
Generic OEM EIDE Floppy Drive

Sweet. Thanks. I am going to order first thing tomorrow morning. Unless someone tells me of a better deal or something, but i think i found the best possible deal on this.

should have just waited for windows 7, we will see it shortly.. spend that money on an upgrade to your mobo ^^

should have just waited for windows 7, we will see it shortly.. spend that money on an upgrade to your mobo ^^

Not necessarily...the Beta was only just released to testers last night, anda public Beta will be out Friday. Not expected to hit shelves till the end of this year/beginning of next year.

Ya i don't want to wait another 11months, plus i bought all of these parts with vista (DX10 rather) in mind. I use vista on my moms PC and on my laptop and i like it quite a bit.

My mobo is the weakest link to my pc i know, but it is good enough for me. On the evga forums there is a lot of helpful info to get past the bugs and the people who take the time to set it up properly love it. Only real gripe about it is you can only effectively use 2 dimm slots but 4 gigs of ram is fine by me for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom