Endless booting loop - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2005, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Endless booting loop

Ive searched the forum before posting and saw some problems like this, but nothing that could help. Heres what happened.
I booted my computer, everything working fine. Then after the boot it said windows had some updates ready to install, so I install them, and decide not to boot right away. In the meanwhile, I download <wm recorder> to save stream videos. After installing that too, I decided to reboot. And here the problem starts. The first screen is <Compaq>, then it goes to load windows xp. I see the green line loading, and when it looks like it finished loading to display the desktop screen, it boots back to the original Compaq screen. This goes on forever! I tried booting with safe mode, it does the same thing. There is was an option like <boot like the last time it worked(normally)>, but it does the same thing, forever booting! I dont know what to do. It is the primary computer in my house with ALL the important files for school and my dads work, etc...Is there an option to get an earlier restoring point? I need to get it working!!
The computer is Compaq presario, AMD athlon 2600+, 512 ddr, and 120 gb.
Thanks in advance!

Old 04-14-2005, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

#1: Did you try custom boot screens at all? Causes infinite boots on prebuilts

#2: Try to get into safe mode by pressing f8 while booting, if it doesnt boot in safe mode, your screwed unless you do a repair, get your files off with another PC and reinstall than.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I have never tried custom boots screens. Im really desperate. Im willing to pay like 30-40 bucks paypal if someone knows how to make it work. Im reallly desperate!!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

i take it that you don't have your xp cd to do a repair as suggested
Closed Thread