dual booting vista and xp. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2007, 04:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default dual booting vista and xp.

i know its possible and not that hard to dual boot them if you start with xp. but is it harder/more complicated to do if you start with vista and then install xp

Old 06-23-2007, 06:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: dual booting vista and xp.

No. That is how i got my system Dual Booted.

Install XP. Use EasyBCD. Reinstall the boot loader. From within XP get all the details of your boot. Under the msconfig>Boot.ini tab.

Go into the EasyBCD setup and edit your boot loader. Add the XP details and you should be all set.

I make it sound easy cause it is. The only issue i had was both XP and Vista thought they were the C:\ drive which confused the EasyBCD application. Which i was still able to get around.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off