display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

devinw

Baseband Member
dont really know how to classify my problem, so this might be the wrong forum.

anyway, yesterday i opened of CS:S, and when i tabbed out again my desktop resolution was 1024*768 (opposed to my normal 1440*900)
when i try to change my resolution, through properties or nvidia control panel, it dosent have my normal resolutions and it seems like it might be using an entirely different aspect ratio.

list of the possible resolutions:
1024*1280
1050*1680
1080*1920
1200*1600
1440*1920
and a few other ones higher than that.

any ideas/solutions

thanks a bunch!

Are you sure that CS:S was running at your native resolution? When the game starts it takes priority for the resolution. Alt+Tab out of it and the desktop will have the same resolution most of the time.

i know that mak, but i play at 640*480 and when i closedmy game it was at 1024*768 and my list of possible res's is messed

when i tabbed out again my desktop resolution was 1024*768

You made no mention that this occured when you closed the game. I see a reference to when you Tabbed out of it.

Without knowing all the facts up FRONT we can not troubleshoot this problem correctly.

Telling us after we offer suggestions what you have done and what has happened isnt getting us any closer to the solution. It is just taking us further from teh problem.

If you closed the game and it stayed at 1024x768 i would check the Task Manager to make sure that the game is fully shut down. Could be that the system still has the game running.

im sorry for the typo dude, it was a mistake

anyway i have restarted my computer several times, reinstalled drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom