Dell Inspiron 6000 windows 7 drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
I decided to upgrade my computer to windows 7, after the install it did not find a driver for the network controller, or the audio controller. I went to Dells site only to find out that, they didnt list any drivers for windows 7, or vista. All I know is the chipset is Intel, any suggestions?

Use PC Wizard, and see what the manufacturer of your nic is. go to the manufacturer's site and see if they have 7 drivers.

For future reference, I myself would see if there are 7 drivers before updating to it.

The only luck you might have is if they have Vista Drivers. You can at least try them and see if they will work. If they dont then your best hope will be to use Belarc Advisor or the software listed above to get the manufacturer of the device and check their website.

They only got up to XP drivers when I checked, so I guess he gotta use the software y'all listed. Since the PC was made for XP, if it's still manufacture's parts...why upgrade it to 7? Won't it move slow from all the requirements of 7:umm:?

Not necessarily. I ran Win7 on my Dell Dimension 8400 with no issues at all. If it meets the requirements then there is no harm in running Win7 on it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom