Comparison of Win7/Vista/XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista will play DOS games. Just use a DOS Emulator.

DOSBox, a x86 emulator with DOS

That will allow even DOS games to play on Vista.

You wouldn't say! :p Anyone for Duke? The original version anyways seen on dos machines back when.

I took one look at the results there which only confirms what I've stated to some about Vista not being slower then XP but actually faster in some areas.

I've read that Windows 7 Beta 1 is "going public" at the end of the month....
What exactly do they mean by that? Does it just mean that testers will be able to give more information about the OS?

That would be a slap to the face of us testers. Cause we still havent even gotten the build ourself. So if Microsoft plans on releasing it to the public not even a month after us testers get it we cant do our job and test it.

I am in the Official Beta and i have yet to get the build from M$. I have yet to download it and install it from them. I dont see how they could release it to the public in less than a months time from s getting it as we havent had any time with the OS to be able to report bugs for them to fix.

That would defeat the purpose of having the Private Beta. At that point they would just be better off releasing it to the public instead of selecting a private beta testing group.

As testers we are selected to get the build first and have sufficient time to be able to test it. Install software, drivers, among running the OS thru certain tests of trying to do tasks that we normally do.

If it does go public the public will be privy to some information about Windows 7. But it will never be as much as a Beta Tester has privy to.

I think all the crap about a public release this soon is just that not to be taken seriously. I have to agree with Mak there since the earliest better sourced article placed the first public beta around Q2 eventually leading to the 2010 finished products. That would fit the actual 2-3yr. time frame seen with all previous versions.

I think it getting onto various torrents has changed Microsofts plans slightly...
although they don't seem to angry about it being leaked :rolleyes:

Well it leaked when they were out of office. There was some major storms there that hit about the 18th and they were sent home. They worked from home the week of XMas and went back to the office the monday of this past week.

While it most likely has changed their plans. If anything they will tidy up a new build for release to us testers. There is always more than 1 Build in work at any given time inter-office. So while Build 7000 has leaked to the internet and the EULA says it is Beta 1 doesnt confirm that the build that will be released to us testers will be that build.

Microsoft could put out a new build to us. At this time it is not known what will happen. Only Microsoft knows what the plans are and they are being hush hush about it.

Only when the Official Beta starts can any information start to be confirmed.

I would think when MS actually puts it in print on their own site you would know anything definite at that time. Until then the rest is all "hear say" and certainly "unconfirmed gossip" rather then any actual facts.

In your situation, Mak you will find out soon enough one way or another simply from being in the testing arena to start with. But even you know that what you are working with now is still far from any complete version at this point. The public beta release will still need additional testing and development there as well once out.

they will never get 64 bit right until they do away with 32 bit. when they updatd from 16bit, they didn't keep it on the side. they ditched it

It's surprising to me that they are sticking with both x86 and x64. After Vista being a power-hungry little monster about RAM, not to mention the seemingly ridiculous minimum spec requirements when it first came out, you would think that x64 would be the way to go. I mean, 4gb of RAM is cheap nowadays anyway. When I built my current machine over almost 5 years ago, 1gb of DDR400 was 140 bucks. Now 4gb of ram can be as cheap as 30 or 40 bucks.

I'm assuming the requirements for 7 are higher than Vista, but does anyone know for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom