Laptop Not Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatthephil

Beta member
I've had this laptop for a while and it's been having this problem for six months. If my laptop works I plug in the charger and a blue light turns on. For the last few months when I plug in the power cord it doesn't charge unless fiddled with, but now and previously it's not charging at all. It will probably charge tomorrow if I try, but I would like it to charge whenever I have it plugged in.

It can't be the battery or the charger.

What do you think is the problem, and how can I fix it?

Hello,

You stated that you had to fiddle with the power cord to get it to charge and that now it will not charge at all. That tells me that you most likely need a new power cord. Is your power cord twisted or creased?

It's your PSU port that is a bit worn. What you can do is wrap some electrical tape around the outside of the charger plug.

Hello,

You stated that you had to fiddle with the power cord to get it to charge and that now it will not charge at all. That tells me that you most likely need a new power cord. Is your power cord twisted or creased?

I don't think so the power cord is in tact, and I used another charger with it once and it had the same problem.

It's your PSU port that is a bit worn. What you can do is wrap some electrical tape around the outside of the charger plug.

That sounds like a good idea. My laptop is working now anyway because I put it in the freezer last night, but I put the tape on so hopefully the problem won't come back.

where was that advice on MY thread!! haha :)

one of my laptops has been doing this for a couple months..to say the least this laptop is no longer mobile. Maybe i will try the electrical tape idea. i also bought a new PSU port for my laptop. havnt gotten around to soldering it in yet tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom