Stand by mode - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Stand by mode

Lately I have been having problems with my stand by mode. Whenever I go to put my computer in stand by mode manually it comes back on by itself without me touching anything. The only thing that I did was go from an optical mouse to one that has a ball on the bottom and not sure if that has anything to do with it. Could anyone help me?

Old 10-16-2005, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

My computer does the same thing sometimes, I think its because since its in standby, and still has power, it comes on whenever there is a scheduled event or something like that. Does it do it after just a few minutes or after a few hours?

Old 10-17-2005, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

It comes back on after a few seconds. I did just install norton antivirus 2005 and seems like it stated after that and not sure if I have to disable norton before I put it on stand by but will try it.
Thanks
Old 10-18-2005, 01:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

If that doesn't work try setting your computer to hibernate instead of standby. It'll take a few seconds to turn back on, but I think the only thing that will get it to start back up is by pressing the power button. If that doesn't work let me know, I think I might know another way but I'll have to research it a bit.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I did try to put it on hibernate and it does the same thing. It'll come back on in a few seconds without me touching anything
Closed Thread