now what..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
now that im finished planning what parts to get, i need to get ready to build this thing. i have A few questions....

1) what are ALL of the steps to building this computer.

2) what should i use for the master and slave with my hard drive and cd drives.

3) any advice or things you think i should know

-nuB steve l0l

I would put:
hard drive as the primary master
dvd-rw as the secondary master
cd-rw as the secondary slave

Basically the manuals should tell you how to set the things up.

I'll try & keep this concise for now!

1. get the mobo/CPU/RAM/graphics card/keyboard assembled first & test it before adding anything else. That way, ifs there a problem, you've haven't got too much too troubleshoot.

2. Put your hard drive on the primary controller on its own & any optical drives on the secondary channel

3. RTFM!! (Read The F*****g Manual) ie mobo manual first. Check any jumpers/dip switches etc & make sure the clear cmos jumper isn't set to clear (some boards come shipped with it in this position)

Use an antistatic strap & try not to handle the components more than necessary.

if no one already told u... this is what i did...

assembled the mobo/cpu/HSF on a removable motherbourd tray first. i did this on a clean kitchen counter top + theres no rug in the kitchen.

then, on the same counter top, i just added the Ram/KB/monitor/PSU. and started it up out of the case just to make shur it posted.
----------------------------------------------
the most difficault part in my opinion was just seating the HSF with artic silver 5, and praying the mobo posted properly.

if your using AS5... if kinda sticks to whatever it touches, like cheese... so what i did(ona heat spreader witch i htink is similar to the 64s) was just kept twirling the tip of the AS5 that kept seperating like cheese around on itself intoa ball shape, so it stayed put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom