Quetec Wireless reciever help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to RadRacer
Default Quetec Wireless reciever help

My grand parents just signed up for Fast Access DSL, and received a wireless gateway to install. Well, their current computer location doesn't have any phone ports near it. I remembered I had an old Quetec ASW2301 wireless G/B PCI card, and I put it in their computer so they didn't have to be right next to a phone line. Well, I downloaded the drivers online (don't have the original CD) and everything appears to work fine. BUT, once it get nears the end of the install, it pops up saying the installer was interrupted and nothing has been changed. No matter what I do, it won't finish the install?!? Any suggestions? I can put the card in and everything appears to be working fine, lights blink and such, but no drivers so I can't do anything with it. I remember I tried to put this on my other machine (in sig) running XP and I got the same error, but got around it somehow. Their Compaq's running Vista, but driver's approved for Vista. I would contact Quetec about it, but they went out of business years ago, so there's no way to. What do you guys think?
Old Specs:
Intel Celeron D 2.8Ghz
80G Seagate Baracuda 7200.7
GeForce FX5500 (PCI) OCed to 300/500
am I missing anything?

Now: Toshiba Sattelite L35-S2161 running Ubuntu :)
Closed Thread