Need help with network card driver and net connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndizzle

Beta member
Okay, so a couple of weeks ago I ordered a computer from IbuyPower (no complaints it runs single player games GREAT, but I received it yesterday and can't get my network card to work yet ) Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some help.

My motherboard is an Asus A8N-E, and it came with a cd including the nvidia chipset plus some other cool utilities (a probe program to measure temperature and fan power usage etc.) However, included in the Nvidia chipset is supposed to be the driver for the onboard card. However, I installed the drivers from the disk, but no dice. I then got on my old computer (the one I'm on right now) and downloaded drivers off of both the Asus site and the Nvidia site. I once again tried to install but still nothing. I've basically run out of options and any and all help would be appreciated. I would especially be grateful if someone who has this motherboard could give me some advice but I know its a longshot. Also, I have xp home edition if that will make any difference (on another forum I read that there is some difference between the newer operating systems so..)

Edit: Also, could it be that I have a very old hub (about 6 years old or so) that isn't compatible with gigabit cards? (I know its a bit of a guess but its the best I have) I only say this as a couple weeks ago I tried lanning and my friend with a 10/100 card had no problem while another with a gb card did..

Thanks in advance for all the help

I would bypass the Hub just for troubleshooting.Have you gone through the connection wizard.Do you have cable?If so unplug your modem power and lan cord and reboot your computer and then go to your network connection and right click and click status and repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom