My Keyboard or USB - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 03:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default My Keyboard or USB

Whenever i turn off my computer and turn it back on my keyboard fails to type and i check control panel and it doesnt show. i think its the keyboard because when i switch usbs my mouse works just fine but my keyboard fails to work on all other usb ports.

Since i have 2 keyboards i switch to another keyboard when i found out that my first and main keyboard isnt working. My second keyboard works fine until i restart and it doesnt work anymore. This is very strange help me please and sorry for the english.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to draconius

is your keyboard usb? if it runs usb the only thing i can think of is the keyboard may bot be fully seated in the port. if its ps2 then i can suggest getting usb keyboard, because the ps2 port that your keyboard uses could be damaged if you are having the problem with both keyboards. also make sure all of the pins are still intact and straight in the keyboard connector.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

its usb its a Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard but i think its the computer because every time i restart it stops working.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to draconius

have you tried it in a different port? also the drivers for it might need to be reinstalled. different port can tell you if its happening in both or all ports then its computer hardware failure, if you try it in a different port and it does work then it could possibly be that single port, or problem with bios/windows detection.
Closed Thread