Motherboard or PSU issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ogdy

Solid State Member
Hi there everyone, I am new to these forums and I hope I can provide you with help whenever you may need it - today I am the one who needs help, though.

Computer Configuration:
ASUS Crosshair III Formula - latest BIOS.
PhenomII X4 965 - 3.4GHz - NO OVERCLOCK
16GB RAM HyperX,
3HDDs(2xIDE, 1xSATA)
630W NOX SLI-Certified PSU,
Radeon HD6950 2GB(Sapphire dual fan).
Everything was working just fine until some week ago..when I started Pinnacle and my system froze(Windows 7 Ultimate X64). I thought it would be the software but I even formatted and it still doesn't work. I have both XP X64 and 7 X64 and both freeze randomly now. Sometimes, when I open files or documents and stuff...they don't open immediately and the HDDs sometimes make that "start-up sound - no strange sounds but the typical start-up sound of an HDD".
RAM&GPU are new.
I checked out every single connection and even replace the HDD cables(2 IDE drives and 1 SATA), but to no avail. I reset the BIOS settings - there was no OC applied on the system and everything worked fine until it started freezing up on me. I had the system overclocked for a while and it started giving BSODs so I just kept everything stock and it worked like a charm. I have a passively cooled 8600GT(does not require PCIEx cables) and used it to see if there was a problem with the video driver or the GPU - no luck. I disconnected most things and left only the basics connected - no luck either - the system still freezes. There are no overheating issues - I checked that. I ran memtest for various hours, HDD Regenerator on every single drive I have(took about 3,5 hours to complete but I did let it perform and finish to see if there's any problem with my HDDs), I ran processor stress tests for some hours - no error.
Everything was done with a non-overclocked system.
At first it was happening only when I fired up Pinnacle Studio 14/15...I formatted and installed the original driver the GPU came with - no success. I formatted again and installed the latest GPU driver downloaded from AMD & Sapphire(formatted before each driver installation)...the problem is still there.
I've tried lowering my CPU clock from 3.4GHz(stock) to 3.0GHz - no luck.
I have two computers (the second one is a PDual Core, 2GB DDR2,8600GT,1HDD...very basic) with two identical 630W NOX PSUs so I took the PSU from my Pentium PC and connected it to my AMD...the problem persists( I thought it could've been a PSU wear problem).
Again, the temperatures are by no means high - I keep my PC case open(side panels removed), the fans are all clean, and heatsinks are all copper-based.
I tried removing all but one DIMM(4GB DDR3 1600MHz / 1333MHz - tested with both freqs) - same problem.
I disconnected some HDDs - that didn't solve the issue either.
What is the next step that I can do to identify the component that isn't working in my PC?
RAM & GPU are really new - a few months old and have never been overclocked.
I disconnected USB devices from my PC.
I received BSODs related to the following (I use BluescreenView) - although now I don't get BSODS - the computer just freezes.
22th of April: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
25th: SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION(C1)
26th: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION(3B)
27th: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
30th: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP(7F)
3rd of May: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
4th : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(D1)...

Strangely enough - after seeing Pinnacle freezing my whole PC...I used Sony Vegas 11 and everything was fine.
I have various video editing software on my PC and Pinnacle is the only one that causes this - I suspected the Pinnacle driver to be the culprit - but it used to work just fine some time ago with the exact same configuration.Now my PC freezes randomly - start Mozilla and it may freeze(or not, like now), fire up Chrome and same thing can happen....play a song and it may freeze while making an awful sound.
After the computer freezes - if I reset it(via the reset button on the case) it may not send an image to my display. I would have to reset it again and again and again...and it still wouldn't show anything on my display. Then, if I take out the power cord from my power supply ..wait for the energy to leak(about 5 sec) and reconnect it back...everything works fine in terms of image output.
NOW: I fired up Event Viewer in Win7 and:

The following list is there(for the 5th of May - that's today):

Error - Service Control Manager - The AODDriver4.01 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified. The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
cdrom

I should say I have NO optical drives connected to my PC - I use an external DVD-RW (usb-based)

Critical - Kernel Power The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Critical - Kernel EventTracing - Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following
Error - Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0 error: 0xC000000D

I am exhaustingly looking for a solution to this issue as I spent a lot of money on my computer and I really need it to work.
If there are ANY suggestions you can think of, PLEASE feel free to give me a hand.

Hi there everyone, I am new to these forums and I hope I can provide you with help whenever you may need it - today I am the one who needs help, though.

Computer Configuration:
ASUS Crosshair III Formula - latest BIOS.
PhenomII X4 965 - 3.4GHz - NO OVERCLOCK
16GB RAM HyperX,
3HDDs(2xIDE, 1xSATA)
630W NOX SLI-Certified PSU,
Radeon HD6950 2GB(Sapphire dual fan).
Everything was working just fine until some week ago..when I started Pinnacle and my system froze(Windows 7 Ultimate X64). I thought it would be the software but I even formatted and it still doesn't work. I have both XP X64 and 7 X64 and both freeze randomly now. Sometimes, when I open files or documents and stuff...they don't open immediately and the HDDs sometimes make that "start-up sound - no strange sounds but the typical start-up sound of an HDD".
RAM&GPU are new.
I checked out every single connection and even replace the HDD cables(2 IDE drives and 1 SATA), but to no avail. I reset the BIOS settings - there was no OC applied on the system and everything worked fine until it started freezing up on me. I had the system overclocked for a while and it started giving BSODs so I just kept everything stock and it worked like a charm. I have a passively cooled 8600GT(does not require PCIEx cables) and used it to see if there was a problem with the video driver or the GPU - no luck. I disconnected most things and left only the basics connected - no luck either - the system still freezes. There are no overheating issues - I checked that. I ran memtest for various hours, HDD Regenerator on every single drive I have(took about 3,5 hours to complete but I did let it perform and finish to see if there's any problem with my HDDs), I ran processor stress tests for some hours - no error.
Everything was done with a non-overclocked system.
At first it was happening only when I fired up Pinnacle Studio 14/15...I formatted and installed the original driver the GPU came with - no success. I formatted again and installed the latest GPU driver downloaded from AMD & Sapphire(formatted before each driver installation)...the problem is still there.
I've tried lowering my CPU clock from 3.4GHz(stock) to 3.0GHz - no luck.
I have two computers (the second one is a PDual Core, 2GB DDR2,8600GT,1HDD...very basic) with two identical 630W NOX PSUs so I took the PSU from my Pentium PC and connected it to my AMD...the problem persists( I thought it could've been a PSU wear problem).
Again, the temperatures are by no means high - I keep my PC case open(side panels removed), the fans are all clean, and heatsinks are all copper-based.
I tried removing all but one DIMM(4GB DDR3 1600MHz / 1333MHz - tested with both freqs) - same problem.
I disconnected some HDDs - that didn't solve the issue either.
What is the next step that I can do to identify the component that isn't working in my PC?
RAM & GPU are really new - a few months old and have never been overclocked.
I disconnected USB devices from my PC.
I received BSODs related to the following (I use BluescreenView) - although now I don't get BSODS - the computer just freezes.
22th of April: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
25th: SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION(C1)
26th: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION(3B)
27th: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
30th: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP(7F)
3rd of May: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
4th : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(D1)...

Strangely enough - after seeing Pinnacle freezing my whole PC...I used Sony Vegas 11 and everything was fine.
I have various video editing software on my PC and Pinnacle is the only one that causes this - I suspected the Pinnacle driver to be the culprit - but it used to work just fine some time ago with the exact same configuration.Now my PC freezes randomly - start Mozilla and it may freeze(or not, like now), fire up Chrome and same thing can happen....play a song and it may freeze while making an awful sound.
After the computer freezes - if I reset it(via the reset button on the case) it may not send an image to my display. I would have to reset it again and again and again...and it still wouldn't show anything on my display. Then, if I take out the power cord from my power supply ..wait for the energy to leak(about 5 sec) and reconnect it back...everything works fine in terms of image output.
NOW: I fired up Event Viewer in Win7 and:

The following list is there(for the 5th of May - that's today):

Error - Service Control Manager - The AODDriver4.01 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified. The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
cdrom

I should say I have NO optical drives connected to my PC - I use an external DVD-RW (usb-based)

Critical - Kernel Power The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Critical - Kernel EventTracing - Session "Microsoft-Windows-Setup" stopped due to the following
Error - Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0 error: 0xC000000D

I am exhaustingly looking for a solution to this issue as I spent a lot of money on my computer and I really need it to work.
If there are ANY suggestions you can think of, PLEASE feel free to give me a hand.

If you can, reboot your machine and go into safemode with no networking.
Go to control panel Add/Remove software, click on pinnacle and ask the uninstaller to remove it completely.

If that works out, next remove the catalyst suite to stop this permanently:
AODDriver4.01
Honestly if you don't need the control panel get rid of catalyst and use the driver provided by the installer using a custom configuration install.

For that AMD Phenom II X4 965 leave it at 3.0ghz -3.8ghz and let it auto clock itself with amd cool and quite.
Set the DDR3 to 1333mhz until you get a timing on the ram where you can keep your clock speeds stable and pretty.
Your motherboard will know when to clock up the cpu and when not to when your working on your pc.

By the way, welcome to Tech-Forums.

If you can, reboot your machine and go into safemode with no networking.
Go to control panel Add/Remove software, click on pinnacle and ask the uninstaller to remove it completely.

If that works out, next remove the catalyst suite to stop this permanently:
AODDriver4.01
Honestly if you don't need the control panel get rid of catalyst and use the driver provided by the installer using a custom configuration install.

For that AMD Phenom II X4 965 leave it at 3.0ghz -3.8ghz and let it auto clock itself with amd cool and quite.
Set the DDR3 to 1333mhz until you get a timing on the ram where you can keep your clock speeds stable and pretty.
Your motherboard will know when to clock up the cpu and when not to when your working on your pc.

By the way, welcome to Tech-Forums.

Thank you for your reply. I am quite desperate to solve this issue - it's definitely unpleasant to face such problems after spending a lot on a computer that was supposed to be powerful and most importantly: working.
I will do exactly as you said and see if I can get my computer to work normally, as it did until some time ago...I need Pinnacle to work on it but first I want my PC to be stable.

Thank you for your reply. I am quite desperate to solve this issue - it's definitely unpleasant to face such problems after spending a lot on a computer that was supposed to be powerful and most importantly: working.
I will do exactly as you said and see if I can get my computer to work normally, as it did until some time ago...I need Pinnacle to work on it but first I want my PC to be stable.

May I ask which pinnacle software your using and which version ?
The version of pinnacle you got might not be stable.
In the meanwhile work on getting your os stable enough and then download ccleaner and let analyze the whole system.

It may find plenty of debris on your system and may opt to fix the registry which is a good thing at certain times during the week.

If all else fails, I recommend you download system mechanic 10.5 basic trial mode and let it update.
Next ask it to do a deep scan of your system, instead of quick scan usually it will go straight to the problem if it sees any damages on the os itself.

May I ask which pinnacle software your using and which version ?
The version of pinnacle you got might not be stable.
In the meanwhile work on getting your os stable enough and then download ccleaner and let analyze the whole system.

It may find plenty of debris on your system and may opt to fix the registry which is a good thing at certain times during the week.

If all else fails, I recommend you download system mechanic 10.5 basic trial mode and let it update.
Next ask it to do a deep scan of your system, instead of quick scan usually it will go straight to the problem if it sees any damages on the os itself.

I tried Pinnacle Studio 14 & 15 - both have the same problems now. I don't use CCleaner because it's not very intelligent...I use a complete suite to clean the registry, shortcuts, defragment the registry, the HDD...optimize the system start-up and all that...
I run the maintenance every 5 or 7 days or so...it's done automatically as I programmed it.
I use KIS 2K12& Malwarebytes to deal with infections...system mechanic is a suite of tools to perform tweaks and clean the whole system, apply optimizations and identify potential issues within the OS...I've already used it and also other suites.

I tried Pinnacle Studio 14 & 15 - both have the same problems now. I don't use CCleaner because it's not very intelligent...I use a complete suite to clean the registry, shortcuts, defragment the registry, the HDD...optimize the system start-up and all that...
I run the maintenance every 5 or 7 days or so...it's done automatically as I programmed it.
I use KIS 2K12& Malwarebytes to deal with infections...system mechanic is a suite of tools to perform tweaks and clean the whole system, apply optimizations and identify potential issues within the OS...I've already used it and also other suites.

May I ask what type of work your putting pinnacle to use for ?
If both versions are acting up, it maybe a configuration problem at hand.
Try something else besides that and see how it flows, if it works and no more crashes...
Make a topic in the multimedia forum and we'll suggest something better it.
There are programs better than pinnacle at most times, believe me when I say this. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom