jumper settings for 2 cd drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I have an old Dell Dimension 4100 that I am going to sell eventually. I just bought a dvd-rw drive and put in it. It also has a cd-rw drive installed. Now I can not get the drives to show up under my computer. On the new dvd drive, the light will not go off. It does not flash, just a solid green light. Even when I restart it, it does not shut off. It will not open either.

I have tried different jumper settings and nothing I tried has worked. What should the correct jumper settings be?

Can put one as master, the other as slave, or both as cable select.

Have you checked in Disk Management to see if they show up there with a drive letter? Or checked Device Manager to see if they have problems with them?

I got the problem fixed. The IDE plug on the motherboard was disconnected. Don't I look like an idiot.

Now I have another problem. The new dvd drive will not read certain cd's. So far i have tried about 8 cd's and the drive will not read 2 of them. The thing is it has no trouble reading blank cd's or cd's that I made myself. On one of the cd's, Nero 7 that came with the drive, gives me an error message that says "this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."

Another error message that came up was "only part of a readprocessmemory or writeprocessmemory request was completed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom