HP booting Issues - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default HP booting Issues

I have a hp presario CQ56, and im having issues with booting it up. If the the charger is connected, it seems to boot normally but if i disconnect the charger and restart it, it get stuck somewhere while turning on, or takes a very very long time to finish booting. Can anyone help me to resolve the problem?

hernando

Hernando23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: HP booting Issues

If your computer isn't working properly without the charger then the battery may need replacing. Normally, a healthy battery should boot up and power a computer without the charger. Batteries eventually wear out over time and do so quicker if they get charged more frequently.

Here are some tips to extend battery life: How to Extend the Life of a Laptop Battery: 10 Steps

bevolasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: HP booting Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevolasko View Post
If your computer isn't working properly without the charger then the battery may need replacing. Normally, a healthy battery should boot up and power a computer without the charger. Batteries eventually wear out over time and do so quicker if they get charged more frequently.

Here are some tips to extend battery life: How to Extend the Life of a Laptop Battery: 10 Steps
Tips 6 & 7 are wrong.

6. With Lithium Ion batteries, you should NEVER allow it to fully discharge. Doing this can actually hurt the battery and damage internal circuits. When it's low... plug it in.

7. Again, with Lithium Ion, this does not matter. Li-Ion batteries have internal circuits that prevent overcharging (which is what used to happen with Ni-Mhd batteries). Leaving a laptop with a Li-Ion battery plugged in 24/7 will not hurt it. The circuits will switch over to a "trickle charge" and only charge little by little when small amounts of battery get used up.

Read here for more info (mainly geared towards smartphones, but also has relevant info to laptops and all Li-Ion batteries): Useful Lithium Battery Information

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote