Re: Computer Start Up Slow; Restart Resolves Issue?
This is what I recommend to try and resolve the issue:
1. Open the run box and type msconfig > go through the "start up" tab and remove anything you don't need.
2. Set your System Page file to the Windows recommended settings. Right click MY COMPUTER > PROPERTIES > ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS > ADVANCE TAB > PERFORMANCE > Under "Advanced" again.
3. Uninstall any programs your not using.
4. Make sure Norton/MCAfee are not doing updates/start up scans when you turn your computer on.
5. Download CCleaner from Piriform.com website and run both the cleaner and registry cleaner.
6. Download Defraggler from Piriform.com website and run the defrag program.
7. click on start menu, search CMD, right click CMD and click run as administrator. Once inside type sfc /scannow this will scan for broken system files
8. Run a DISC CHK on your C drive
9. Check the event logs and see if a driver or application is failing and causing issues during start up.
10. If all of this fails, looks like your doing a fresh install!