BSOD in COD 5 (IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

I keep getting a blue screen error well I am playing COD 5 and sometimes I get it immediately when I exit COD. It does not always happen and it only happens under certain conditions. I would say about 1/3rd of the time I get a BOSD when I exit the game and about 1/5th of the time I get a BSOD when in-game. One thing I have noticed is that I ALWAYS get a BSOD when playing Yahoo Launch cast music in the background and I tab out of COD 5 to respond to Yahoo IM's. Generally I can tab out about 5 - 10 times before the BSOD comes up.

I cannot read the BSOD that comes up well in game because the computer automatically restarts within a half of a second. However sometimes the BSOD that appears when I exit the game will remain on screen until I press a key. In such instances, the BSOD gives me an "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error.

I have COD 5 version 1.4, my video card, motherboard and motherboard BIOS drivers are fully up to date. Although my computer is overclocked it does not appear to affect the problem. I have returned all clocks and voltages back to stock and the problem still exists. I have run Memtest 86 for four hours with no errors. I ran Orthos to load test my CPU for four hours and the CPU is still stable when overclocked.

Here are the specifications of my computer:

CPU: Core Two Duo E8400 OC'ed to 3.86 Ghz. w/ Thermalright True HSF (1.425 vcore)
RAM: 4 GB. Mushkin 1066 MHz. DDR2 @ 1077 MHz., 5-5-5-15, 1.9v
GPU: (2) Evga Nvidia 8800GTS G92 512 MB. SLI OC'ed to 725 / 1812 / 1010
Mobo: Evga Nvidia nForce 750i FTW SLI
PSU: 750 watt Corsair CMPSU-750TX 60A 12V
HD: 300 GB. Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000 RPM SATA 16 MB. cache
OD: Samsung DVD±RW SH-5203B

Lastly, I ONLY get a BSOD in COD 5. I never get one in COD 4 or any other game.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Two things. Try reinstalling COD5, and find the exact code for the BSOD.

To stop the auto restart use,
1.Open Control Panel, click System And Maintenance, click System, and then click Advanced System Settings.
2.Respond to the UAC prompt.
3.In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
4.Under Startup And Recovery, click Settings. The following dialog box appears:
5. Clear the Automatically Restart check box and click OK.

Then report back with the code near the bottom of the BSOD.

Blushing skin is whispering. slight of tongue, can kill so softly. Velvet lips sing lullabies, so satin sleek but still so costly
Old 04-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Private Joker

How to troubleshoot specific STOP Errors

A kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location without authorization. This STOP error is typically caused by faulty or incompatible hardware or software. The name of the offending device driver often appears in the STOP error and can provide an important clue to solving the problem. If the error message points to a specific device or category of devices, try removing or replacing devices in that category. If this STOP error appears during Setup, suspect an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup program.
Also do as stb1swat said and find out the exact messages (and if there is a driver file mentioned).

Could also try lowering the clock speeds of your card, and reinstalling drivers for it. Use DriverCleanerPro (Driver Cleaner Pro - - (and make sure to follow the directions in the readme!!) to get rid of the old drivers, then install new drivers.
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Closed Thread