Ok so right now I have:
1 GB DDR 400
80 GB HD
Geforce FX5200(AGP card)
400W PSU(The one that came with the Case)
Dell 17" CRT
Audigy 2 ZS
Ok so I have $500 USD to spend and I was going to get a 22" LCD Monitor and a good AGP card but a 7600GS costs $206...and the monitor was $299 so thats over the limit and probably not worth it in my opinion. So I got thinking and was thinking of just getting a new Motherboard with a PCI Express slot so i can upgrade to a PCI express Videocard. so instead of gettign a monitor heres what I came up with.
I dont need to build a FULL computer because I for one dont have the money...So ill just keep the Monitor, HDD, Soundcard, and the 1 GB Stick.
AMD 3700+ - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103622
- $74.99 (a TON better then a 3200+ and its cheap. I dont have the money to go Dual Core or believe me i would.)
ASUS A8N5X - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131569
- $72.99 (Cheap and has a PCI Express slot and has a lot of reviews.)
eVGA Geforce 7950GT KO 512MB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130061
- $260.99 (compared to a FX5200? sounds GOOD to me.)
I know my current PSU wont work with this Video card so I came down to 2 PSU's and they are the SAME...Same brand and everything but one is 50 more Watt and has another PCI Express plug. they are the same price too...so i dont get it...
Rosewill 600W - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182032
Rosewill 550W - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182017
If someone can tell me what the difference is between these and what one is better please do. I know they are probably a cheap brand but with this stuff my total comes to $486.90 (after Shipping) I can NOT go over $500 as my Credit Card limit is only $500.
I plan to later get my 22" LCD Widescreen and maybe another 1GB Stick. I use this computer to Play World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike series, Unreal Tournament series, and Battlefield Series. My current system has to play BF 2 at LOW and still trails a little. I cant play WoW at Max settings and go over 15 FPS...
This computer only has to last me about 1 Year till i can do a real upgrade to a Dual core or quad w/e they have then. I dont really plan on playing any MASSIVE games but I thing that the Video Card I chose can handle w/e I need to do.
Questions I need Answers too:
1) Whats the difference in the PSUs and what one is better?
2)Is this a good upgrade for $500?
3) Is the Video Card Over doing for what I want to accomplish? My friend has a 7600GT or GTO and plays WoW on a 19" LCD Widescreen with pretty good FPS at MAX. But he also has a AMD X2 4600.
4) If the Video card is a little much Would it be better to just go with a 7600GS/GT for 139.99 with a 50 dollar mail in Rebate and just get another 1GB Stick?
5) Is this Motherboard ok for what I am looking for?