New Build!!!Buying This Weekend... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 73
Default New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

Hey so i finally saved up enough money for my first build i got 2 grand Canadian too spend on the build(excluding the monitor ,mouse,keyboard,fans,lights etc....)
heres what i plan on buying this weekend.

Cpu- Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Motherboard- Newegg.com - ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Ram- Crucial Ballistix Tracer Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz EPP Memory BL2KIT12864AL804 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Videocard- Newegg.com - EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Hard-drive- Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Optical Drive X2- Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology - OEM

Power Supply- Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Retail

Case- Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 RC-830-SSN2-GP Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Fan/Heatsink- Newegg.com - Scythe SCNJ-1100P 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler - Retail

im not tottaly bought on the mother board so if anyone has a better recommondation on m/b that can overclock good,looks good,good overall please tell me it but keep it around 350 american and please dont recommand the evga 680i i dont want that motherboard cause everyone like has it ,personal reason and i heard the heatsink i chose has problems fittin on the evga 680i. i'll be buying all my parts from a canada retailer called "pc village" (pcvonline.com) except the heatsink will be from bigfootcomputers(.com) since i live in toronto and the memory will be from tigerdirect.ca and my mind is set on the parts so dont try recommanding any other parts besides the motherboard unless it wont work , please let me know if everything will fit together and work good.if u have a better recommadation on the motherboard please tell me!! (not the evga 680i) thanks for inputs will put up pics when built! thanks again
__________________

konvick619 is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Patron
 
saltynay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast, Singapore
Posts: 5,149
Default Re: New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

mobo: Abit AW9D-max

your psu is a bit over the top in terms of watts would be better if you had one with around 500W-600W

Matt
__________________

__________________
saltynay is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Console Gamer
 
Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 2,716
Default Re: New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

motherboard MSI 650I Platinum ~160bucks
RAM GSkill DDR2 800 ~110bucks
PSU Corsair 520watt Modular ~120

better parts for cheaper
__________________
Ryzen 7 1700 / Gigabyte AB35
Deepcool Captain 240EX
32GB HyperX DDR4 / Corsair 750watt
Red Devil 480 / Corsair R270
Sandisk 960GB SSD / 2x Seagate 8tb, 2x WD 4TB
Ronnie is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: uk
Posts: 2,417
Default Re: New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynay View Post
mobo: Abit AW9D-max

your psu is a bit over the top in terms of watts would be better if you had one with around 500W-600W

Matt
Lower watts better than a higher wattage crap brand.............yes, but he has selected a good brand(OCZ) so that will still be fine, and it will mean if he adds other components later on in life then he will never need to upgrade his psu, thats my 2 cents
jonny_uk is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Patron
 
saltynay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast, Singapore
Posts: 5,149
Default Re: New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_uk View Post
Lower watts better than a higher wattage crap brand.............yes, but he has selected a good brand(OCZ) so that will still be fine, and it will mean if he adds other components later on in life then he will never need to upgrade his psu, thats my 2 cents
lol but his system will require a harddrive of around 400W max and I thought the planet was heading towards efficiency rather then power hungry devices I just think 300W is a bit over the top in terms of head room
__________________
saltynay is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,164
Send a message via AIM to ThirdLeft152
Default Re: New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynay View Post
lol but his system will require a harddrive of around 400W max and I thought the planet was heading towards efficiency rather then power hungry devices I just think 300W is a bit over the top in terms of head room
if he ever decided to throw another card in sli... not to mention all the stuff he could fit in that stacker lol

also i agree on the msi 650i and g.skill ddr2-800, save you about $100 and perfrom just the same.
__________________

My gaming rig:
ASUS P6T | i7-920 D0 @ 4.0GHZ - 1.25v w/ H50
GTX 460/768MB (750/1500/2000) | 12GB Corsair DDR3-1600 @ (8-8-8-24)
2 x PS-100 32GB SSD Raid 0 | 4 x WD 750GB Raid 5 | Corsair 620HX
Asus 21.6" LCD (1080p) | LG 32" TV (1080p)
Logitech G15 | Logitech MX518 | Logitech MX1100 | Razer Mamba
Heatware | http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=59417
ThirdLeft152 is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Whirlwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,400
Default Re: New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by konvick619 View Post
Hey so i finally saved up enough money for my first build i got 2 grand Canadian too spend on the build(excluding the monitor ,mouse,keyboard,fans,lights etc....)
heres what i plan on buying this weekend.

Cpu- Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Motherboard- Newegg.com - ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Ram- Crucial Ballistix Tracer Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz EPP Memory BL2KIT12864AL804 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Videocard- Newegg.com - EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Hard-drive- Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Optical Drive X2- Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology - OEM

Power Supply- Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Retail

Case- Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 RC-830-SSN2-GP Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Fan/Heatsink- Newegg.com - Scythe SCNJ-1100P 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler - Retail

im not tottaly bought on the mother board so if anyone has a better recommondation on m/b that can overclock good,looks good,good overall please tell me it but keep it around 350 american and please dont recommand the evga 680i i dont want that motherboard cause everyone like has it ,personal reason and i heard the heatsink i chose has problems fittin on the evga 680i. i'll be buying all my parts from a canada retailer called "pc village" (pcvonline.com) except the heatsink will be from bigfootcomputers(.com) since i live in toronto and the memory will be from tigerdirect.ca and my mind is set on the parts so dont try recommanding any other parts besides the motherboard unless it wont work , please let me know if everything will fit together and work good.if u have a better recommadation on the motherboard please tell me!! (not the evga 680i) thanks for inputs will put up pics when built! thanks again

I love this build....it will be very nice ....enjoy
__________________
Cooler Master CM Stacker Case
Asus P8Z68 V Pro/Gen 3
Intel i5-2500K
Cooler Master V6 GT Heat Sink
8 GB G-Skill DDR 3 1600
GTX 570 SLI
Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card
Grado RS1i & AKG Q701 Headphones
MAD EAR + HD Headphone Amp
Corsair CMPSU 850 Watt
Western Digital Black 500 GB
Crucial M4 64 GB SSD For Windows 7 64 Bit
Samsung 2494SW 24" LCD
Logitech G5 Mouse
Logitech G110 Keyboard
Whirlwind is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Inquiry - The Dark Cheese
 
darksideleader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 953
Default Re: New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

i recommend buying from Canada Computers - Your Neighbourhood Computer Store and Service Centre - PC Systems and Hardware Components, Notebooks, Electronics, and more. . I find the prices cheaper.
darksideleader is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 73
Default Re: New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

i was wondering if the 600w version of the power supply i chose would be good enough for possibly a future sli 8800gts config? here it is Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB/CE/CSA/UL/FCC - Retail
what is the recommanded number of watts a psu should have for a 8800gtx sli or 8800 gts sli config? thanks i might end up sticking with the mobo i chose.
konvick619 is offline  
Old 04-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Renowned Budgeting Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Uniontown, PA
Posts: 4,153
Send a message via AIM to Sora
Default Re: New Build!!!Buying This Weekend...

It would....but by the time you would want SLI selling your current 8800GTS ands then using the money to buy a better card will be better for you..it almost always is.
__________________

__________________
E6300 w/ Arctic Freezer Pro 7 @ 3.6ghz 1.4Vcore
Antec 900 Case
EVGA 750i FTW Mobo
4x1GB of G.skill DDR2-800
2 8800GT in SLI
22" Samsung Syncmaster
1 250GB WD and 1 Seagate 7200.10 in RAID 0
Corsair 520HX 3DMark06 Score: 13900
Sora is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weekend Game World of Padman Osiris PC Gaming 1 04-27-2007 09:13 AM
Weekend Fun Rooms Osiris PC Gaming 0 04-21-2007 11:06 AM
Weekend Fun Veck Special Edition Osiris PC Gaming 2 04-13-2007 06:52 PM
Weekend Fun Tails Gear Osiris PC Gaming 0 03-30-2007 09:05 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.