Need A Little Help Buying A Laptop

Certain things can be upgraded relatively easy. Things like RAM and HDD are usually easily accessible in some form and can be upgraded or replaced. Other parts like GPU, CPU, and screen not so much.

Yes, it's almost necessary to have an SSD these days.

The ASUS one is gone now... but the Lenovo one is still there. It's got a HDD rather than a SSD. Is this still alright? What I mean is does having a HDD rather than a SSD really hamper me in any way?

Another thing I'm curious about is the additional offers. With the Lenovo Laptop, PC World are offering a McAfee LiveSafe Unlimited 2016 package. Should I even bother with this, or just get free security and all that from other places?

Storage space is the slowest part of a computer and has been since forever basically. The Lenovo has a piece on the bottom of the laptop that lets you easily access the drive to put an SSD in it. Will using the standard HDD hamper you? In terms of sheer operating speed yes. Obviously, if you just use the HDD and are satisfied with performance you won't really think it necessary to have an SSD. If you put one in it'll be night and day.

Mcafee and Norton are terrible pieces of bloat. If you want AV your best bet is AVG or Avast.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom