Direct X10???? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2005, 05:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Originally posted by gaara
Isn't it funny how supposedly future-proofing methods such as SLI end up?
Lost count the number of times I have heard people comment that they are changing their minds about SLI.

Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Old 11-24-2005, 06:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

I heard that the next "directX" will be called "Windows Graphics Foundation" (WGF)
can't remember where I saw that though

Old 11-24-2005, 08:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

yeah thats what I think I heard as well somewhere.
so, umm, err yeah
Old 11-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

I don't think its Part of his Ban Kai, its just his Hollow form taking over? Or is THAT part of his Ban Kai, didn't really get it
Yeah, it's just the evil dude coming out during bankai, but whatever, it still rocks

Umm....about the next DX....ehhhhh.....for whatever reason the 'WGF' that apokalipse mentions seems to ring a bell, but I honestly can't remember too much about it as well
Old 11-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Build Guru

What do they mean by additional D3D interface?
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Switch

Dx10 is goign to be named "Windows Graphics Foundation" (WGF) becuase Vista will be in complete 3D. imagine being able to pan, tilt, and rotate dialouge boxes in actual space. Dx9 can't do that in windows. WGF will also be focused on stability and efficiency, not just raw support and speed like DX5-9
Old 12-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

"There should probably be some sort of backwards-compatibility with DX9 though. Like with DX9, people with older cards ran games at DX8 or so."

Will there be a big loss of eye candy & quality when you do this? I know I've heard you guys say don't get an ati because you must revert back to direct x8 for some newer games.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

ATI hasn't even hit Shader3.0 yet if I'm correct. So I am not to worried about 4.0 coming out anytime soon. And when these cards do arrive it will be backwards compatible to some extent.
<form action=\"\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"> <input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Search TF before you post!\"></form>
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 12-13-2005, 07:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to Riceball

It still amazes me to see the loads of people that plan on buying SLI, just because of false advertisement. I try to lay down the facts when i see one, but there are so many of them
AMD 64 3200+ Newcastle@ 2.2Ghz
1GB (1x1GB) OCZ Performance Series
ATI X700 Pro 256MB OC\'d 475/525
OCZ Modstream 520W
Thermaltake Tsunami
Samsung 914v 19\" 12ms LCD
SB X-Fi w/ Logitech Z 5300e
Old 12-13-2005, 10:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I usually don't link articles, until I read through it confirm the content as being true.

In this case, I am just posting it as is. Won't vouch for it's accurasy ..

Microsoft is currently working on a large update to DirectX. Originally called Windows Graphics Foundation, but later renamed to DirectX 10, it will appear as part of Windows Vista. Version 10 will represent a departure from the driver model of DirectX 9.0, with the addition of a scheduler and memory virtualization system. DirectX 10 will forego the current DirectX practice of using "capability bits" to indicate which features are active on the current hardware. Instead, DirectX 10 will define a minimum standard of hardware capabilities which must be supported for a display system to be "DirectX 10 compatible".

Another tool Microsoft is working on is XNA which is a framework designed to assist development of games by making it easier to integrate DirectX, HLSL and other tools in one package.

Although somewhat in its infancy, during 2002 Microsoft released a version of DirectX compatible with the Microsoft .NET framework, thus allowing programmers to take advantage of .NET features (such as the use of the C Sharp or Visual Basic programming languages) simultaneously with DirectX development. This API is known as "Managed DirectX" and performance is claimed to be 98% of that of old school native DirectX software.

Closed Thread