Compatible Check

If you understand the basic fundementals of overclocking and stability testing then know what is too high of a load temp it can be a piece of cake. Get your rig together and make a thread in the OC forum when you're ready.

If you understand the basic fundementals of overclocking and stability testing then know what is too high of a load temp it can be a piece of cake. Get your rig together and make a thread in the OC forum when you're ready.

Does it make sence to do the build that I linked first and later upgrade the video card later to a:

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100352-2L Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Or should i downgrade stuff now and upgrade that stuff later(RAM,PSU,MOBO) which is easier?(NOT the graphics card)

Just drop the PSU to 650w and get a GTX 660 or just save up a bit more cash and grab a 660ti. You could always go with an i5 3330 to make up a few extra bucks too. As of right now the only parts I would downgrade are the PSU and CPU to make up cash as the rest are fine. Maybe the case, but that's just me. If you have a pure gaming rig you can always just get an i3 3220 which will be more than enough for any gaming right now and upgrade it later to an i5. For games you want more GPU power than CPU power. As my article suggests, as long as you have a decent dual core you're fine. So I would try to at least go for a 7950 or 660ti in your rig.

Just drop the PSU to 650w and get a GTX 660 or just save up a bit more cash and grab a 660ti. You could always go with an i5 3330 to make up a few extra bucks too. As of right now the only parts I would downgrade are the PSU and CPU to make up cash as the rest are fine. Maybe the case, but that's just me. If you have a pure gaming rig you can always just get an i3 3220 which will be more than enough for any gaming right now and upgrade it later to an i5. For games you want more GPU power than CPU power. As my article suggests, as long as you have a decent dual core you're fine. So I would try to at least go for a 7950 or 660ti in your rig.

Or this GPU because it comes in at a decent price and is good enough for me

Intel Core i5-3570K, XFX Radeon HD 7850, Cooler Master Storm Enforcer - System Build - PCPartPicker

Whatever floats your boat, but it'll struggle doing high settings at 1080p depending on the game.

What games?

also do you happen to know where I can get a USB hub with a blue LED rim I saw it in a you tube video moths ago and it looks sweet...

Battlefield 3 maxed at 1080p, Crysis 2 with DX11 texture pack, Metro2033 with AA, Total War Shogun 2, Alien Vs Predator, just to name a few. All games either maxed or high settings all at 1080p. Games coming out like Farcry 3 and Crysis 3 will probably have to make due with medium settings and possibly a lower resolution to get the job done.

You would have to link the video before I could begin to identify what hub you saw.

Battlefield 3 maxed at 1080p, Crysis 2 with DX11 texture pack, Metro2033 with AA, Total War Shogun 2, Alien Vs Predator, just to name a few. All games either maxed or high settings all at 1080p. Games coming out like Farcry 3 and Crysis 3 will probably have to make due with medium settings and possibly a lower resolution to get the job done.

You would have to link the video before I could begin to identify what hub you saw.

Oh ya did I forget to say I'm not running any hard game my i3 ingraded gpu Pc can run my main game at 50 fps..... I plan to run sleeping dogs and gta V....and cs go at a 50 fps at the lowest(maybe lower for gta V...) is that possible?

And the us ...that's the next issue I cant find the video I ca. Describe it though..

It was white with a blue led rim
Had 7-12 ports(fairly long)

its really worth getting a better GPU with the expense of you CPU.
read some off PP Mguire's articles, dang i cant find them, but they are good, if anybody can find a link post it! its about cpu and gpu and stuff like that

Back
Top Bottom