cheap water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
hey guys, i am back again with another stupid question. 2 of my friends have the cooler master aquagate viva water cooling set up in theri c2d and they love it. they say it performs really well for the price that they paid. IMO it is not the best, but its not that bad for the price and i was planning to get one.
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER AQUAGATE VIVA RL-M4A-E7E1-GP Liquid Cooling System - Retail

but while doind some research i found a similar product with the same name but is sli capable.
Cooler Master AquaGate Viva Duo SLI / Crossfire VGA & CPU Liquid Cooling Kit - ATI & nVidia / AMD K8 & Intel 478 / 775 - (RL-M4A-E7E3-GP) - FrozenCPU.com

well, i would never do sli, so my question is would i be able to connect it to my future c2d and my 7900gs at the same time, coz this one has two pipes or 2 hook ups.
i know it wont perform well and all that, but tell me what u guys think, regardless of the performance, would i be able to hook it up to both.

and any suggestion on how to cool my cpu and my gpu for cheaper. doesnt have to be water cooling

thanks a lot

no, all i am asking is can i cool my cpu and my gpu.?? like one waterblock to the gpu and another one to the cpu.?? get it??
because it is sli capable, it will come with 2 water blocks right? i am guess thats the right word, but ne ways, can i cool my cpu and gpu at once, rather then to just connect to either one of the only. ??

well yes it does say just on the hyperlink it is for ati&nvidia and a cpu but you may have to buy a third party waterblock for your graphics card so you will want to check that out through reviews before buying

You can run as many water blocks off of a pump/rad as you want. If the thing comes with 2 waterblocks and is made for SLI, I would assume that both blocks are for GPU's which would mean you wouldn't have your cpu cooled. Make sure one block is for cpu and fits your socked type, then do the same for the gpu. And of course, the more blocks you run, the more heat you will dump, the more you need a good radiator/pump to keep things cool.

Cheap watercooling often times does not outperform aftermarket aircooling so make sure it is worth the investment. If you are getting it because it looks cool then that is a different thing.

well not because it looks cool or anything, coz i wont be able to see it from my case anyways. but i didnt want to deal with the noise that the gpu and cpu hsf make . well, it is made for sli but it also says its going to fit socket 775. idk i am confused, i might just go for a artic cooler 7 or tuniq if this doesnt work out. the only reason i wanted this was because i though i could cool both cpu and gpu for very cheap and would still be watercooling,
but thanks guys

cheap water cooling? No thank you...just as with EVERYTHING. You don't buy cheap stuff on critical parts.

That's like buying a cheap power supply to run your 2000 machine. It may work just fine but I would not want to find out and see....not just that the majority of cheap water blocks don't cool as well as a Tuniq or such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom