Temp... Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital_Jedi

In Runtime
I have an AMD Athlon X2 5600+ 2.8GHz CPU under a Foxconn heatsink and fan using OCZ-Ultra 5+ silver thermal compound. The CPU at srat-up hangs in the mid 30C range and after playing a game for less than 20 min. it heats up to the mid to upper 40C. I think 48C is the highest I have seen it. My main board temp. is at 42C (+/-) 3-5C. My 8800GS sits at 47C idle and 53C after playing a game. Case temp can get to 37C and sites at 28-29C at idle. Room temp goes from 75F - 79F. I have 3 80mm intake fans (two in front, one on left side of case) 1 80mm on top blowing out. PSU has 2 fans, one in and one out, and I also have 1 120mm in back blowing out. Does the fan configuration look good?? Also are my temps. normal??

I'm using PC Wizard 2008 to find the temps.

Yeah, your temps are on the better side, and your fans are doing a good job. Don't worry about it unless it minimally gets into the mid 50s (C) for the CPU. Also, you can check the ratings on the GPU to find out how hot it can tolerate. But all in all, you're fine.

Im paranoid about temps too mate :D. All your temps are fine. Cpu is okay til you get into the high 50s early 60s, ive had my Athlon x2 6400+ at 65C lol. Gpu temp is normal, no need to worry about that at all, Gpus can handle quite a lot of heat, 50-60C is around what GPU load temps should be at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom