CPU fan question

The fan speed controller came in today. I tried it with a single 10 ohm resistor in series with the fan (limits the max current the fan can draw so as not to overload the controller) and while it works great I'm not 100% satisfied.

Are there any fan speed controllers that can connect to the PC either through PCI-E 1X or USB that can monitor the processor temperature and adjust the fan speed based on temperature where I can control the minimum and maximum fan speeds and the min and max temperatures?

The only time the fan needs to be at its full speed (1,875 RPM due to three series connected 10 ohm resistors in series with the fan to keep it quiet while cooling efficiently) is when playing Fortnite as that's the most CPU intensive thing I use the PC for. If I do that I'm tempted to remove one of the 10 ohm series resistors so that I can have a little extra fan speed if needed.

That way I can have the fan running a good bit slower when the extra cooling is not needed.

However I may use the fan speed controller I just got on the other PC if I decide to use the same type of fan for it. That way I don't need to mess with resistors and I can set the speed where it needs to be with the fan hopefully running quieter as the extra cooling isn't needed due to that PC only running OBS and YouTube.

Are there any fan speed controllers that can connect to the PC either through PCI-E 1X or USB that can monitor the processor temperature and adjust the fan speed based on temperature where I can control the minimum and maximum fan speeds and the min and max temperatures?

LOL....Yup! Get a new motherboard :whistling:

Got the other blower installed on the identical PC which is used for streaming using the fan speed controller set to its lowest setting.

So far so good.

When streaming the CPU temperature is around 115F.

At idle it is 95F.

I placed the speed controller in front of the 5" fan I have blowing air in the rear of the case so that it would stay cool.

I'll consider this project done.

Back
Top Bottom