Should i buy this gaming computer? Cheap and good? Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't buy an inferior card just because of some pointless attachment to a brand name.

Not all attachments to brand names are pointless. Performance vs price is not the final ratio that should determine all purchaces, it is OK to choose a product because it is quieter, or has better drivers, or better accessories. You could choose a product because it is more reliable (or you percieve that to be the case) or simply because the company has sound ethical policies.

Not saying that any of that is true in this specific instance but it might be a factor for suppahigh.

I was using price and performance as only two examples of factors which should go into making a purchase decision - reliability/stability/support and so on would of course be included in that. Admittedly I didn't actually make any reference to that.
It's just the way suppahigh worded it that made me think that brand attachment was the only reason for his preference.

Thanks for the help! With all your advice I was able to decide not to buy this computer. I have decided to find someone that can build the pc for me new. I just don't trust a used computer.

Now the question I would have is: Either get a new custom made comp or just buy one from alien wear?

Build it yourself mate.

1) Its fun and you'll learn something.
2) There is enough information on the internet that you can learn how to do it quite fast
3) Theres plenty of help here from some seriously knowledgeable people. (and some not so knowledgeable ones, but thats the 'net for you ;) )

You could probably build that exact computer for $600. With genuine software and maybe better stats :D

Alienware is a disgrace to computers and technology in general. In my opinion, the fact that they are owned by Dell is enough for me never to buy one of their computers. They cost on average 3 times more than their actual value. So, I recommend a custom build.

Regards,

Draco

As a prebuilt setup, they are a great system and can be bios overclocked

Now on bu8ildng one, go with ncix.com, and for 50 bucks they assemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom