Opteron 180

Status
Not open for further replies.

cikrum

Baseband Member
Hello,
I have a 939 sock motherboard and I have been looking to upgrade to dual core for a while now. I have looked around and have only been able to find a a Opteron dual core processor which is over 2.2 ghz. I was looking at the Opteron 180 and I think it would be good for me, all I want to do is game and use multiple applications at once. Someone else has written it was for severs and the likes, so I am not sure if this is for me. Would this be a good processor for gaming.
Thanks a lot
Cikrum

The Opteron line is AMD's server line of processors. There are many here though, that use the Opteron for gaming, and general usage.

So would you say there would be a difference from a Athlon 64 3800 2.2 ghz, to upgrade to the 189 Opteron 2.4ghz ( other than multitasking)

It will be better for gaming and applications, in the future, as more and more programs, become multi-threaded.

The 3800+ is a single core, while the 180 is a dual.

Go with the opty... you won't be sorry.

Since there wasn't a "X2" with the 3800+, I assume it is a single. i could be wrong... there's always a first time, y'know?

It has to be the single core, he's talking about, because the stock speed of an X2 3800+ is 2.0GHz, and he said 2.2GHz...wait he must of mistakened, because the 3800+'s stock speed is 2.4GHz...well his sig does say 3700+....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom