New Computer Upgrade. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default New Computer Upgrade.

I was thinking about just adding new parts to my old computer, but that thing is extremely huge and old and bulky I just can't stand it. Instead I was just gonna buy a new pc, but most computers I've seen usually have the basic Intel Graphics [if it's an Intel, which I prefer] and Realtek Audio.

Could anybody help me out in building a new pc? My budget is about $500-$800.
Atleast 4gigs of ram. I do a lot of multi-tasking too. I have an i5 Intel Core 2 Duo processor right now, 3.0ghz. I was thinking about getting an i7 though. Not sure though if it's recommended, because I read somewhere that i7s aren't worth it. Can't remember exactly what was said though.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: New Computer Upgrade.

There is not such thing as an i5 Intel Core 2 Duo. You'll need at least $1000 for an i7 setup and then it would be assembled with the cheapest, lowest quality parts. You can't even build a decent i5 system with your budget. For your budget you'll be best off with an AMD system, they make excellent systems for Gaming or as a Workstation.

I'm sure a few of our excellent bargain shoppers will be around shortly to give you a few recommendations. They'll fix you right up with a PC you'll be proud of. Here's a link to help you assemble the parts once you buy them

The animated guide to Building a PC. Learn to build a PC from scratch with PCitYourself!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: New Computer Upgrade.

I coulda sworn when I was ordering my pc it said "i5" somewhere in the description. If not then I have no idea what I got. At the very least, would I be able to add parts to the computer I'm currently using?
Closed Thread